First "adjustment" Halloween ligs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jtsang

First "adjustment" Halloween ligs

#1 Post by jtsang »

Got my first adjustment.. Which was just an exam from ortho, lig change and spacers. My wire stayed the same... All done in 15 mins!! No pain at all..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jtsang

Re: First "adjustment" Halloween ligs

#2 Post by jtsang »

oops, that top arch is upside down..

BikerChic

#3 Post by BikerChic »

I wish I had the same experience. This is the most painful so far. My ortho was unable to band the bottom 2 molars, not the very back ones, but the ones in front of those. The spaces between my teeth were so tight I endured 2 weeks of spacers, then once the braces went on, I had springs attached to make more space. Today she was able to band one of the molars, but not before a spacer was installed to get it to separate a bit while she removed the arch wire from the top, and reset it....so anyway...my teeth KILL!! The one molar with the new band that had to be jackhammered on is SO SORE! Before when I got the braces on cold water seemed to help the discomfort - this time it was as if a shock went right to the nerve! OMG. I am hoping that subsequent adjustments are no so traumatic. Altho supposedly the next visit in 2 weeks she will band the final "naked" tooth. I certainly hope it is not as uncomfortable as this was.
The appointment was extra long too because my crown (which popped off 8 weeks ago when the initial spacers went in) and that required "drilling" some of the old cement and preparing the tooth so it would set. Thank GOD there is a root canal in that tooth!!
I went with silver O-ties...just can't do the color thing.

Basically my whole mouth seems to have changed. I thought I would be somewhat used to it by now - but I can tell I am not. Any comments/helpful insights etc. very much appreciated.

jtsang

#4 Post by jtsang »

I was told that the spacers are put in to make space for bands on my last molars. I also have a crown on my bottom left due to a chip on a side that was not able to be filled in so they had to grind all my enamel down and crown it, thank god, no root canal. I hate that ugly thing! anyways, I am off topic. In about 3 weeks, I'll be getting the bands on. I am not sure what to expect. I am feeling your pain now, even though my banding is in 3 weeks! I am feeling some pressure from the spacers, but no pain. I was told by my chiropractor I have a high pain tolerance..

Now, I wonder.. how am I supposed to floss that space with the spacer on?.. :Questions:

BikerChic

#5 Post by BikerChic »

No flossing with spacers sadly. I hated the spacers. The bands were a welcome relief but they chew up the inside if your mouth! For about 10 days. Good luck!

jtsang

#6 Post by jtsang »

BikerChic wrote:No flossing with spacers sadly. I hated the spacers. The bands were a welcome relief but they chew up the inside if your mouth! For about 10 days. Good luck!
Call me weird.. But I looooove flossing... Darn! I should had schedule that banding appt at two weeks instead of 3... They didn't have the time slot I want until 3 weeks .. 10/16...

BikerChic

#7 Post by BikerChic »

Well if you think you *love* flossing now, just wait til the braces go on! Flossing is the best feeling ever! It seems as if 1/2 of everything you eat gets stuck in them. As far as my situation: one wire was poking, I was trying to get it to calm down and ended up loosening the band on my very back molar. In addition, the molar that was the recipient of the new band (#30) is ULTRA sensitive. Room temp water sends me through the roof (even today, 3 days later). I have gone to all soft food, room temp drinks with a straw. Ah the joys. But I am NOT turning back now. I am sure that future adjustments will be better!!