No pain since braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

touchofhiddencharm

Re: No pain since braces

#16 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

The first time I had braces I experienced a lot of pain. I couldn't even eat chicken noodle soup. This time around I haven't experienced any pain. A little discomfort when eating but that's about it. I've seen ALOT of progress so far and no real pain. I am excited. My dentist always laughs and says "okayyyyy, THIS time you WILL feel it!" So far, he's been wrong. We will see how long this lasts. Maybe once my teeth get straight and don't have much room to move, I'll start getting the pressure pain. My next appt is a closing. I'm guessing that means thicker wire and powerchains to close all the left over gaps. Maybe I will feel pain then lol good luck with your journey

MrsCharisma

#17 Post by MrsCharisma »

touchofhiddencharm wrote:The first time I had braces I experienced a lot of pain. I couldn't even eat chicken noodle soup. This time around I haven't experienced any pain. A little discomfort when eating but that's about it. I've seen ALOT of progress so far and no real pain. I am excited. My dentist always laughs and says "okayyyyy, THIS time you WILL feel it!" So far, he's been wrong. We will see how long this lasts. Maybe once my teeth get straight and don't have much room to move, I'll start getting the pressure pain. My next appt is a closing. I'm guessing that means thicker wire and powerchains to close all the left over gaps. Maybe I will feel pain then lol good luck with your journey

ME TOO! He kept warning me and I'd come back like...nope. All good. Until the last time when it wasn't :-*

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

jtsang

#18 Post by jtsang »

MrsCharisma wrote:
touchofhiddencharm wrote:The first time I had braces I experienced a lot of pain. I couldn't even eat chicken noodle soup. This time around I haven't experienced any pain. A little discomfort when eating but that's about it. I've seen ALOT of progress so far and no real pain. I am excited. My dentist always laughs and says "okayyyyy, THIS time you WILL feel it!" So far, he's been wrong. We will see how long this lasts. Maybe once my teeth get straight and don't have much room to move, I'll start getting the pressure pain. My next appt is a closing. I'm guessing that means thicker wire and powerchains to close all the left over gaps. Maybe I will feel pain then lol good luck with your journey

ME TOO! He kept warning me and I'd come back like...nope. All good. Until the last time when it wasn't :-*

jtsang

#19 Post by jtsang »

MrsCharisma wrote:

jtsang

#20 Post by jtsang »

Just got my molar bands yesterday. Man! They are annoying!! No pain but they rub against my cheeks and the inside of my tongue!! They are waaaay in the back and it's so hard to reach it with my fingers to put the wax over the irritating parts!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jtsang

#21 Post by jtsang »

Progress since braces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jtsang

#22 Post by jtsang »

jtsang wrote:Just got my molar bands yesterday. Man! They are annoying!! No pain but they rub against my cheeks and the inside of my tongue!! They are waaaay in the back and it's so hard to reach it with my fingers to put the wax over the irritating parts!!
why is my upper arch always upside down???

MrsCharisma

#23 Post by MrsCharisma »

Your teeth are going to look really great when you're all done!

Female, 34

[/url]

jtsang

#24 Post by jtsang »

MrsCharisma wrote:Your teeth are going to look really great when you're all done!
Thank you mrscharisma!!! The band rubs so bad that wax does not help.. I cut up a little piece of cotton and finally!!! Some relief from the poking and rubbing. I think I got a sore on my cheeks from the wire and end of the band ... I am whining now...

jtsang

#25 Post by jtsang »

jtsang wrote:
MrsCharisma wrote:Your teeth are going to look really great when you're all done!
Thank you mrscharisma!!! The band rubs so bad that wax does not help.. I cut up a little piece of cotton and finally!!! Some relief from the poking and rubbing. I think I got a sore on my cheeks from the wire and end of the band ... I am whining now...
I went to have my ortho file down the edge of the band and cut the wire last night. Wow!! No more irritation! My mouth is back to being pain free again!! The sore is still there but it's not red and painful anymore. Woohoo!! Happy mouth!!

bessadoo

#26 Post by bessadoo »

I hope I don't have pain...lucky

jtsang

#27 Post by jtsang »

Had an adjustment yesterday. Bigger wire, square already!! And clear o rings!!

jtsang

#28 Post by jtsang »

Ok, fourth adjustment today. Got a bigger bottom wire and power chain on the bottom. Top just got new ligs. Candy cane color this month!

MrsCharisma

#29 Post by MrsCharisma »

big changes already!! Nice!

Female, 34

[/url]

Bracedbeauty22

#30 Post by Bracedbeauty22 »

I haven't had any pain either, but did develop some sensitivity which is worse in my head.