Dissapointment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JeniK

Re: Dissapointment

#16 Post by JeniK »

anedia
Congratulations !!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

I fully understand your excitment!! I had to have clearance from my family doctor in order to get my braces. I had clearance..but had to wait 2 months for a medication to get out of my system. When I got the "clearance" I was on cloud 9!! I bet you're there right now !! Fantastic news! Time will fly now for you!!

Marigold

#17 Post by Marigold »

That's great to hear!
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

Matilda

#18 Post by Matilda »

anedia wrote:My brace date is Sept 4th which is only a day later than the original plan.
Fantastic news, anedia.

EbonyQ

#19 Post by EbonyQ »

Alee wrote:At my ortho office, almost all the techs have braces, they get a huge discount, and their insurance covers adult treatment. Maybe a temporary career change? One of the techs I talk to every time I visit told me she only has to pay 29 dollars a month. The normal payment is 149 per month, and she said just by working there she gets half off, then insurances covers all but the 29 dollars.
They don´t get it for free? My ortho boss gives all his staff (and their children ) free treatment. And friends of his staff gets very very good prices (1/3 of the price). I thought that was the norm :shock: . The same does other orthos I know.

[/url]

djspeece

#20 Post by djspeece »

Congratulations, and well done. Perseverance pays off! Next week will be interesting for you!
Happy September to everyone!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

anedia

#21 Post by anedia »

Thanks for the kind words, Dan.

I'm getting pretty anxious and/or excited :)
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

SunshineRay

#22 Post by SunshineRay »

Oh good!! Did they work out a payment plan with you?

anedia

#23 Post by anedia »

Yupp, they were super flexible with me. I am making a down payment and another big payment in early 2014. And then monthly from there :) I can't believe tomorrow is the big day already!!
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

Matilda

#24 Post by Matilda »

anedia wrote:I can't believe tomorrow is the big day already!!
Yay! Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Good luck!