OWWWW molar bracket has come off...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leebie3

OWWWW molar bracket has come off...

#1 Post by Leebie3 »

ortho is shut and the wire is so long because it's at the very back that wax isn't holding it :( Any suggestions?

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

agrace90

Re: OWWWW molar bracket has come off...

#2 Post by agrace90 »

I would cut the wire myself with (clean) nail clippers and wax the end then. You'll need to get into the ortho asap to get the bracket reattached and he could just give you a new wire then as well. But that is my opinion of what I would do in your situation NOT medical advice. Hopefully you can get in asap to get it taken care of!
~Ash

Leebie3

#3 Post by Leebie3 »

thanks for your response :)

Would nail clippers cut a titanium wire?

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

safetysquirrel

#4 Post by safetysquirrel »

Yes, they will. My ortho suggested cutting the wire with nail clippers or cuticle scissors when my wire popped out. Good luck!

chichi

#5 Post by chichi »

My ortho suggested the same thing... If the wire comes out and I can't get it back in for whatever reason, cut it with nail clippers and get an appointment ASAP.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054