What do you feel....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Matilda

Re: What do you feel....

#121 Post by Matilda »

Impatient! :oops: I want my wisdom teeth removed already!

Matilda

#122 Post by Matilda »

samoorelaw wrote:Please tell me this torture will be worth it some day...
All the good things are worth waiting for!

SkizzyD

#123 Post by SkizzyD »

Although I'm only in my 5th day of braces, I feel...

- The ulcers in my mouth are getting better

- Definitely getting a lot more comfortable with the braces

- Feeling very minor discomfort/pressure around the nasal/cheek area but I assume that is to be expected.

- Feeling like there's a hundred years to go! lol

Nana51

#124 Post by Nana51 »

Feeling deprived from sampling the Christmas goodies I would normally enjoy. Everything has nuts in it and not pleasant to try to eat or clean up after. Silver lining is that I don't need the calories anyway and it won't be a forever before I can enjoy the seasonal goodies again. Gotta stay focused on the goal here ... Just a minor inconvenience.

Matilda

#125 Post by Matilda »

Pressure! :-* I had my first 2014 adjustment today. I got a 16x22 wire on top and 16x16 wire on the bottom. I learned I'm currently in the so-called detailing stage and have roughly 6 months left to complete my treatment. Both my arches are pretty much aligned so my orthodontist is now improving my bite which I was told will never be 100% corrected. :shock: I think I have a 40% overbite. Is this considered severe? Next month I'll be given my first rubber bands and will undergo some major contouring as well! :-*

JeniK

#126 Post by JeniK »

4th adjustment today. I have new wires on top and bottom. Bottom is 17 /25 rectangle, ( I think ) and top is 18 round. I am feeling very sore teeth. But at the same time I am excited things are progressing now!

samoorelaw

#127 Post by samoorelaw »

Matilda wrote:
samoorelaw wrote:Please tell me this torture will be worth it some day...
All the good things are worth waiting for!
I got a tentative upper jaw surgery date of 2/11/14, which is less than a month away! I get my impressions taken today and will know in another week whether I'm released to the oral surgeon. So now I'm feeling excited and scared.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

ScouseMan

#128 Post by ScouseMan »

feels rubbery especially when i chew gum/ eat food.

Enchanted

#129 Post by Enchanted »

I feel my teeth grinding together, hopefully that changes soon!

mmkay

#130 Post by mmkay »

9 weeks in, pretty much nothing. Haven't had to use wax (came close once) or painkillers (never considered). It hurt when eating a chopped up apple for the first couple of days, but I persevered on principle. Felt nearly no change after first adjustment/wire change.

djspeece

#131 Post by djspeece »

At 16 months in, I can sense imminent victory as my premolars and other big boys on my bottom jaw are beginning their journey to their new home. On a personal note I am missing my friend.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

eatcake247

#132 Post by eatcake247 »

Feeling a lot of discomfort. Barely able to clinch my upper and lower teeth together. Can't fully bite down. It's hard to even eat food that I've cut up in to pieces. I hear a clicking sound when I move the bottom right wire with my tongue. 1 week of braces *sigh*

BraceForIt

#133 Post by BraceForIt »

Rather than the back of the archwires into the back of my mouth i noticing more the brackets at the front. No pain or aches at the time of writing this, and no ulcers yet! (that was my biggest dread when reading up pre braces)

Matilda

#134 Post by Matilda »

djspeece wrote:At 16 months in, I can sense imminent victory as my premolars and other big boys on my bottom jaw are beginning their journey to their new home. On a personal note I am missing my friend.
Today I'm 16 months in as well! :banana:

Matilda

#135 Post by Matilda »

Relief! All 4 of my wisdom teeth are finally out of my mouth! :GapToothed: