3 weeks with braces but i don't see a difference

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

collegebraceface13

3 weeks with braces but i don't see a difference

#1 Post by collegebraceface13 »

I've had upper braces on for 3 weeks and 2 days but I do not see a difference. I took before pictures but I still do not see a difference. Is this normal? How long does it take to see a change?
June 28, 2013 upper teeth braced
18 months sentence

chichi

Re: 3 weeks with braces but i don't see a difference

#2 Post by chichi »

collegebraceface13 wrote:I've had upper braces on for 3 weeks and 2 days but I do not see a difference. I took before pictures but I still do not see a difference. Is this normal? How long does it take to see a change?
Looking at your signature, mine went on the day before you and I'm not seeing a difference yet either. Something must be moving because some teeth are harder/easier to floss between (it changes almost on a daily basis), but nothing visible just yet.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Snowglobe32

#3 Post by Snowglobe32 »

It is still too early in my opinion. My ortho always says the first wire is "waking up" your teeth.

I can't remember when I first saw change because I have had them on for so long...I do know it didn't take too long though. If I had to guess I would say about 6 weeks or so.

You'll see changes soon! :)

Matilda

#4 Post by Matilda »

Be patient, collegebraceface13.

Tobilei

#5 Post by Tobilei »

It will happen! Took a couple of months for me to see changes :)

MrsCharisma

#6 Post by MrsCharisma »

I think I noticed a real, measurable change in my gap at the beginning of month 3. I had a central incisor that was slightly overlapping the tooth next to it and that straightened out in about 4 weeks.

Hang in there...it's a marathon this orthodontic thing :)

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

tangledgurl

#7 Post by tangledgurl »

I think it takes at least a month before you will be able to see a change. Because the teeth roots are moving as well, so there is more going on than what you can see when you smile.

Ambrosia80

#8 Post by Ambrosia80 »

The changes are generally subtle at first. Like someone said, you might not SEE a difference, but you might have trouble flossing, because the spaces are tighter.

When I've looked at people's pictures, I've noticed that the changes during the second month seem to be much more dramatic than in the first. (I sure hope that's true for me! [I'm on day 33.])

collegebraceface13

#9 Post by collegebraceface13 »

Thanks everybody I really appreciate it!
June 28, 2013 upper teeth braced
18 months sentence

zdenka

#10 Post by zdenka »

I would say I noticed first really obvious changes (obvious to me and nobody else, need to say) around month 3. We were "waking the teeth up" first.
Total sentence 567 days. :)
Debond day: Dec 10, 2013

Sita

#11 Post by Sita »

Depends on how tough your bones are and if any of your teeth are loose already. It takes at least a month for bone to break down and teeth to move. I noticed a change in a few off my teeth very quickly because they were already a little loose from pressure from a bad bite.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

SunshineRay

#12 Post by SunshineRay »

I am 5 weeks in and I can just start to notice changes. What has really helped me is taking a before pic and a current pic and putting them in a collage so I can see them side by side. It may just be some small changes but anything helps.

quentin

#13 Post by quentin »

I took pictures every week and didn't seem to notice a difference either, until a friend who had braces told me to observe the change in the curvature of the wire.

Here's an example of my Day 1 versus today at Week 24, Day 168 (I just had an adjustment):
week24compare.jpg
See how much the wires have straightened out?

Braces can seem like an excruciatingly s-l-o-w process, but don't fret, know that things ARE happening! Hang in there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braced: 11 Feb 2013
Debraced: 13 Aug 2014
Expected duration: 24 months
Actual duration: 18 months
Damon Clear uppers (all); Damon metal lowers
http://fullmetalpanda.wordpress.com/

ST24085

#14 Post by ST24085 »

I've had mine on for 6 days and my bite has already changed a noticeable amount. I haven't however noticed any changes in my front teeth.

maralv

#15 Post by maralv »

Im on the same boat, kind of frustrating. I wanna see somethinggg!!! :D