not sure this is a good thing...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

not sure this is a good thing...

#1 Post by isthistaken »

rhibee don't read this!!!!!!!

I just ate an avocado in seconds flat. It was extremely easy to eat with braces. And extremely delicious. If braces-induced anorexia is knocking on the door, avocados might be an option.

Leebie3

Re: not sure this is a good thing...

#2 Post by Leebie3 »

lurrrvvvvvvveeeee avos! especially with salt and pepper... *drool* :-*

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

Kipepeo

#3 Post by Kipepeo »

What, like raw?

Ciara

#4 Post by Ciara »

Can't eat avocado...gives me severe stomach cramps within an hour of eating some. but I know some people who love avocado and scrambled eggs which sounds very brace friendly.

isthistaken

#5 Post by isthistaken »

Kipepeo wrote:What, like raw?
Yes, but ripe.

kt87

#6 Post by kt87 »

I've been adding avocado to a lot lately. It's makes me feel so much better when I eat soft things and they go down so easily and i don't feel like half of it has gotten caught in my braces

Kiwi fruit is super easy to eat too! ahhh love lol - just cutting the skin off is a pain
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Timetoshine

#7 Post by Timetoshine »

kt87 wrote:
Kiwi fruit is super easy to eat too! ahhh love lol - just cutting the skin off is a pain
Where I live we cut and kiwifruit in half and scoop it out with a spoon!
[/url]

Leebie3

#8 Post by Leebie3 »

I find the seeds in kiwifruit annoying to get out of the brackets lol... Who cooks avocado!?!? How do you cook it? I've only ever eaten it raw.... unless it was in a toastie

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

kt87

#9 Post by kt87 »

Timetoshine wrote:
kt87 wrote:
My mum eats them like that too! In special boxes of kiwifruit they give you a plastic spoon that has a jagged edge on the other side to work asa knife, I can never find one though lol

I havent had any trouble with the seeds yet, well that I can notice anyways
:heart: :heart: :heart:

rhibee83

#10 Post by rhibee83 »

HAHAHA totally read it lol!

I love avocado :) its nice on toast and with tomato! glad you enjoyed it and its healthy fat :wink:

TheCarDoctor

#11 Post by TheCarDoctor »

Just a few days before I had my braces put on, my parents came back from CA with a bunch of HUGE avocados from my brother's tree. They were wonderful! The timing couldn't have been more perfect.

smootie

#12 Post by smootie »

My Paleo diet friends LOVE avocado omelets! I bet they would make an awesome braces-friendly breakfast.

isthistaken

#13 Post by isthistaken »

rhibee83 wrote:HAHAHA totally read it lol!

I love avocado :) its nice on toast and with tomato! glad you enjoyed it and its healthy fat :wink:
I read (on Wikipedia, consider the source) that sailors would use avocado instead of butter. Seems to me an avocado would go bad almost as fast as butter, though.

seeker304

#14 Post by seeker304 »

I think avocados taste disgusting. If you like them, then eat away!

Missers73

#15 Post by Missers73 »

Timetoshine wrote:
Great idea.