Overjet/overbite problem?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jmjohnson317

Overjet/overbite problem?

#1 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Okay so I'm really nervous.
I've had braces for almost 3 months now and my teeth have moved a lot, mostly for the better. But the longer the braces have been on, the more my two front teeth have been tilting further and further outwards. Its really freaking me out cause I'm only wearing 6 month smiles and only on my uppers. My teeth were horrible before but they touched in the front. I'm just wondering if there's any way to pull these teeth back without having bottoms on to attach elastics to. I don't care if its open somewhat but this is really noticeable. :(

Ciara

Re: Overjet/overbite problem?

#2 Post by Ciara »

I had a Class 2 devision 2 malocclusion when I started treatment. I had an 80% overbite but no overjet. My ortho said that a Class 2 devision 2 is corrected to a Class 2 devision 1 first so now I have an over jet (but not much of an overbite).
Could your ortho be doing something similar? I haven't asked how she is going to correct the over jet.

lukeaj

#3 Post by lukeaj »

My braces worsened my overbite as they straightened the teeth, because they had moved to meet naturally. I just had surgery to correct it and having a normal bite feels so different! But amazing.

jmjohnson317

#4 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Well I'm very low on money, I saved up for a long time for my braces and I can't afford surgery.