I recently got 8 TADs/Miniscrews placed..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rawr101

Re: I recently got 8 TADs/Miniscrews placed..

#16 Post by rawr101 »

bmueller wrote:You're not allowed to eat anything you have to chew? How long is this going to last?

I had jaw surgery and wasn't allowed to chew for the three weeks after being banded shut for 3 weeks. That was incredibly annoying and I had a hard time eating enough calories.

I can't imagine not being allowed to chew food for longer than "recovery" time when I was basically too weak to chew anyways.
I'm not sure..I was under the impression I would have the TADs in for at least a year. But I went in yesterday to have the bands changed and I have made significant progress in just a week. My molars are definitely intruding so it may only be a few months. It is incredibly annoying lol. You are brave for going through the surgery. I dont know if I could do it if the TADs dont work.
duchiemarie wrote:I am so happy to hear that your pain has decreased a bit since the beginning.

It is too bad you can't really chew. Are you finding you get alot of headaches with those tads?
Surprisingly no headaches. I just knew that the TADs would be a problem especially given the sinus pain I experienced afterwards. But I dont have and pain or headaches now. My lips scratch up against the tads but even that isnt painful. Sometimes I forget they are in. Honestly as bad as it was the first week I already feel like the pain was worth it b/c I am seeing progress and am completely pain free now. The only thing is the annoyance of making sure the i dont unconsciously chew through the bands or they dont slip off my teeth.

ajs604

Re: I recently got 8 TADs/Miniscrews placed..

#17 Post by ajs604 »

Hi I have just been reading your posts and saw your photos. I also have TAD's but they are fixed in my mouth (see my mini blog. Saw yours is quite similar to mine although my open bite is more severe I think? What country are you in. I wonder why they are using a different technique on me. I would be interested to follow your progress. I have only just got used to eating with the appliance in my mouth. Found the braces a bit tricky, been told I will wear them for 2 years. Anyway best of luck with your progress! :)
Started treatment to correct open bite non surgically

My Story so far: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=44572
TAD's inserted into upper pallet 9/5/13
Braces & intrusion appliance fitted 23/5/13 - journey has now fully begun.
1st adjustment 2/07/13