Teeth with root canals. More Painful?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oldfart

Teeth with root canals. More Painful?

#1 Post by oldfart »

For those that have had the fun of both braces and root canals are crowns, here is a question for you.

Do you think that teeth that have had root canals and have been crowned end up being more sore than those without?

So far I would say yes. Both from getting the spacers in, to the movement I am having now. I know i feel the pain deeper into the roots on my teeth with RCs than those that havent.

other thoughts?
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Tobilei

Re: Teeth with root canals. More Painful?

#2 Post by Tobilei »

I don't have any crowns, but my very back molars (especially the one that's furthest back of all my teeth) hurt WAY more than any of my other teeth. Sometimes my whole jaw aches when molars are on the move.

EricRoyalOak

#3 Post by EricRoyalOak »

I have two root canels with crowns and 3 other crowns. I don't feel a different sensation in those teeth now. However, when I first have my braces put on, I certainly felt the pain in those teeth from the spaces. My ortho banded all my crowns which include 2 bicuspids and 3 molars. I might have been hyperconscience of those teeth however. I keep picturing the forces from the spaces causing the bond to break and the crowns falling off.

isthistaken

#4 Post by isthistaken »

...haven't had any root canals, but I do have half a dozen crowns. I haven't noticed any difference so far (2.5 months.)

oldfart

#5 Post by oldfart »

oldfart wrote: So far I would say yes. Both from getting the spacers in, to the movement I am having now. I know i feel the pain deeper into the roots on my teeth with RCs than those that havent.

other thoughts?
Changing my opinion. Its a tie currently.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom