Getting close...how do they look?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CoryDaniels

Getting close...how do they look?

#1 Post by CoryDaniels »

So I should be close to getting demanded soon(just don't know when!!!) but my bottom teeth just don't seem to want to move correctly....had some IPR done last appointment, just not correcting them....my question is...my top teeth are basically finished....how do you guys think they look? You can be honest.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ciara

Re: Getting close...how do they look?

#2 Post by Ciara »

They look great! You must be delighted!

Kipepeo

#3 Post by Kipepeo »

They look great. How does your bite feel?

The bottoms look a bit uneven at the bite plane. Is that what you got the ipr for? The tops look fantastic. On the right in the photo, the canine looks a little back compared to the other side. Could just be the angle of the shot, though.

CoryDaniels

#4 Post by CoryDaniels »

Yeah the ipr was for the bottom. Guess they will probably have to do it again on my next app.
Thanks for all the kind words!!!!

JumpTheDitch

#5 Post by JumpTheDitch »

The tops look fantastic, congratulations! The bottoms do look a liittle tight, is your lower right lateral a little twisted or maybe that's just the angle of the shot?

Your lower left side looks a little 'shorter' (I notice as mine are also shorter on the left), do you have more wear on the left side, or maybe some TMJ? My NM dentist treating my TMJD says research shows TMJD is almost always worse on the left side (weird, huh?)

They look great though, you must be pleased. You are your own best advocate, if you're not 100% happy them discuss it with your ortho. I didnt,and am paying the price now. If you have concerns, speak up! :-)

CoryDaniels

#6 Post by CoryDaniels »

I don't have any TMJ issues. Actually with my lower right lateral...its not twisted...its just trying to move with hardly any space to move in...its actually moved back but in the process, it has moved up and appeared that its twisted....granted, actually that pic is over amonth old and my teeth have moved a little more since then, but still pretty much looks the same.
I go back to the ortho next Wednesday, so we will see what happens......

Also, my bite feels great...best it has ever felt....Im just worried that I am going to spend months trying to get my bottoms straightened out.

kreyFL

#7 Post by kreyFL »

They look FANTASTIC!

How do YOU think they look is the big question? They look straight and beautiful to me, so any tweaking you feel you need (hard to see the lowers in the pic) is simply just that - tweaking. We are talkin' weeks, not months.

Gettin' antsy aren't ya? :wink:

CoryDaniels

#8 Post by CoryDaniels »

I am SO ready to get them off. Originally, I was told that I would "more than likely" get them off in March.....
It seems though that my bottom teeth are just be stubborn and not moving quickly....aarrrghh!

djspeece

#9 Post by djspeece »

Lose 'dem braces bro!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

CoryDaniels

#10 Post by CoryDaniels »

Trying to!!!!!

Catlady

#11 Post by Catlady »

They look great!!! I'm jealous, I still have 3-5months to go. Hope all goes well after they are off!! I bet your super excited!!! :D

CoryDaniels

#12 Post by CoryDaniels »

I had my app. today....seems I will be in my braces another 3-4 months....I really thought id be getting them off in July, but it seems that isn't the case. I guess the tweaking stage is the longest, most frustrating stage of getting braces....so close, yet so far away....

JillD

#13 Post by JillD »

What kind of tweaking do you need to have? All of my extraction gaps are closed as of today, but my ortho hasn't said a thing about finishing up. I think I will go through tweaking but have no idea what kind of tweaking it will be.

CoryDaniels

#14 Post by CoryDaniels »

Mainly just bends in the wires...still some teeth that need to move and a few spaces that need closed....

Kipepeo

#15 Post by Kipepeo »

I'm in the same boat, Cory...the final, slow, tweaking phase.

I just noticed something looking back at your photo. Your top teeth look a lot like mine, right down to the actual individual tooth shape. This is a photo from a few months ago.