Final meal before braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NeilH

Final meal before braces

#1 Post by NeilH »

What was your final meal before getting braces, and with hindsight, what do you wish you had eaten?

isthistaken

Re: Final meal before braces

#2 Post by isthistaken »

I do remember going to Chipotle. It's not so great, but I would give anything for some chips and guac about now.

BracesChick

#3 Post by BracesChick »

I had Mexican too! I had a huge nacho platter with everything on it.

isthistaken

#4 Post by isthistaken »

That's weird! This topic could be interesting but it's going to be painful to read...

BracesChick

#5 Post by BracesChick »

I miss jerkey and granola that's for sure!

safetysquirrel

#6 Post by safetysquirrel »

Kansas City BBQ ribs!

Timetoshine

#7 Post by Timetoshine »

isthistaken wrote:That's weird! This topic could be interesting but it's going to be painful to read...
So true - it makes my recently acquired 'OCD with food' that much worse hehe.

Wish I'd had a big fat burger beforehand ... but I wasn't hungry enough :|

I had gelato straight after getting braces on as I was then off to get extractions an hour later!! No guilt felt there!!
[/url]

Tobilei

#8 Post by Tobilei »

I don't think it matters TOO much what your last meal is. There's not anything in particular I miss, I mostly miss being able to just bite into a toasted sandwich without having to cut it up first and I miss nothing getting stuck in my brackets after I've finished eating. Once the initial pain wears off though I can easily manage a hamburger (I just eat it at home so I can clean up afterwards), I eat corn chips (carefully).

Chocolate coated ice creams are out (like magnums but I didn't eat a lot of those anyway-noticed this the other day when I went to have a bite of the husbands).

As strange as it sounds, I really miss salad. Crunchy stuff is just so hard to chew. My jaw gets tired and I bite my cheeks far too much to bother.

isthistaken

#9 Post by isthistaken »

safetysquirrel wrote:Kansas City BBQ ribs!

GROAN :cry:

kt87

#10 Post by kt87 »

I wish I had of thought about my last meal a lot better, I only had lasagne.
I should have gone all out and had Thai and ordered everything curry haha
:heart: :heart: :heart:

isthistaken

#11 Post by isthistaken »

Me, too, kt! I had no idea I was about to end up on Starvation Row, or I would have had a New York steak, a salad with cucumbers, radishes and croutons, a bowl of cereal, a bag of salt and vinegar chips, a Jimmy John's #5, pizza, a bagel and a hard, crunchy apple.

BracesChick

#12 Post by BracesChick »

I still eat cereal on occasion. I just wait for the milk to soften it up for a few minutes. I miss Kashi GoLean Crunch though!

I was eating Rocky Road ice cream yesterday, my fave. But I could not bite into the nuts and had to spit that part out. :roll:

isthistaken

#13 Post by isthistaken »

BracesChick wrote:I still eat cereal on occasion. I just wait for the milk to soften it up for a few minutes. I miss Kashi GoLean Crunch though!

I was eating Rocky Road ice cream yesterday, my fave. But I could not bite into the nuts and had to spit that part out. :roll:
Isn't that a pain? :roll:

BracesChick

#14 Post by BracesChick »

Yes!

I tore apart my fridge last night for spring cleaning and found a jar of pickles in the very back that I had never opened. Perfect late night snack! So I quickly opened the jar, grabbed a big pickle and went to bite into it. FAIL! It took me about 10 minutes to eat one pickle that was only 3-4 inches long. :-+

Leebie3

#15 Post by Leebie3 »

SOOO much I miss but most of all not being able to bite food.... And pears.. I miss pears lol