Final meal before braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kurisu

Re: Final meal before braces

#31 Post by Kurisu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:36 pm

I binged on all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ the night before. Totally worth it now that I'm on braces. Gnawing off the beef short ribs... Well you get the picture ahha. Looking forward to chewing delicious food once these train tracks come off ;3

BracedSurgeryStudent

#32 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent » Mon May 20, 2013 2:55 am

Mine was Terryaki Steak, then for desert Laffy Taffy and a couple of starburts.
Jenn Medeiros

DaisyChain001

#33 Post by DaisyChain001 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 am

I've loved reading all these replies! I'm soon to be braced up and haven't yet decided what ill have as my last meal! I think I'm going to swing for Scampi and Chips! A good English classic. :-)

I'll miss popcorn thought I had It last night and as I could feel it getting stuck in my teeth I did sigh to myself and think this is never going to be possible with braces! Lol :-/

jem

#34 Post by jem » Tue May 21, 2013 2:16 am

You should be able to eat scampi and chips ( and pretty much everything else) just as easily after braces, so don't worry.

You will have to avoid biting into hard foods like apples or carrots because this might break your brackets off. But you can still eat them by cutting them up first. Also very chewy things like toffees or Lion bars might distort your wires or break off brackets. But you should manage pretty much anything else if you are careful.

Some people experience soreness after having their braces fitted or adjusted and can only manage soft food for a while, but others don't have this problem.

My first meal after being braced was a pizza ( eaten with knife and for) and an apple ( cut into pieces).

I don't like popcorn so am not sure if that would be a problem.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

amyhenna

#35 Post by amyhenna » Tue May 21, 2013 7:16 am

I was a vegan for two years, then got braces, then started eating hamburgers.
I am so backwards sometimes.

Tobilei

#36 Post by Tobilei » Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 am

amyhenna wrote:I was a vegan for two years, then got braces, then started eating hamburgers.
I am so backwards sometimes.
I wondered how you were going with that! I was vegetarian for almost 4 years (I was already eating meat when I got braced though) and I cannot imagine eating what I used to back then with these things on!

Mullany

#37 Post by Mullany » Wed May 22, 2013 5:15 am

I had steak for my final meal. Although I've found that I can eat most things as long as I cut them into small pieces and push them to the back. I can't bit anything and I'm struggling with chocolate as it tends to melt all over my braces.

ajs604

#38 Post by ajs604 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:53 am

I am getting braced in less than 12 hours:). Final meal for me tonight was real coke to drink and a large deep crust vegetarian pizza. I'm still stuffed lol
Started treatment to correct open bite non surgically

My Story so far: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=44572
TAD's inserted into upper pallet 9/5/13
Braces & intrusion appliance fitted 23/5/13 - journey has now fully begun.
1st adjustment 2/07/13

ajs604

#39 Post by ajs604 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:54 am

DaisyChain001 wrote:I've loved reading all these replies! I'm soon to be braced up and haven't yet decided what ill have as my last meal! I think I'm going to swing for Scampi and Chips! A good English classic. :-)

I'll miss popcorn thought I had It last night and as I could feel it getting stuck in my teeth I did sigh to myself and think this is never going to be possible with braces! Lol :-/
Good choice on scampi & chips. That would of been my choice if I hadn't migrated to Oz lol
Started treatment to correct open bite non surgically

My Story so far: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=44572
TAD's inserted into upper pallet 9/5/13
Braces & intrusion appliance fitted 23/5/13 - journey has now fully begun.
1st adjustment 2/07/13