How many did you do?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JumpTheDitch

How many did you do?

#1 Post by JumpTheDitch »

I'm starting my second round of orthodontics next week, and have revisited the joy of spacers again this week :roll: .

I had 6 placed in my upper arch at the beginning of the week, and got another 3 in the lower arch today. Making 9 of the squidgy little suckers currently making me itchy to floss :soremouth: .
I was thinking today I had 8 spacers during orthodontics last time, making 17 all up (so far!).

So I wondered - how many did you do?? :)

Kipepeo

Re: How many did you do?

#2 Post by Kipepeo »

0 this time. I know I had them my first time, but I don't remember how many. I'll guess 4.

BracesChick

#3 Post by BracesChick »

I didnt have spacers either. My ortho does not use brackets that go all the way around the molars. Mine are just like the rest of my brackets just a bit larger.

Ciara

#4 Post by Ciara »

2, so far. They didn't hurt at all and I forgot I had them after a few hours.

Tobilei

#5 Post by Tobilei »

Zero for me too. My molars are bracketed not banded.

joeyyeo

#6 Post by joeyyeo »

8 for me, 4 in each quadrant! Boy did they hurt :(
Upper braces off after 636 days!

isthistaken

#7 Post by isthistaken »

None yet, let's keep it that way!

kt87

#8 Post by kt87 »

I had 7 for a week, had them taken out for about 2 weeks and had them again for another week.

The pain was terrible. I was quite miserable :(
:heart: :heart: :heart:

JumpTheDitch

#9 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Oops... I ate one :oops: .

After tea I discovered one missing, guess it's a good thing they gave me some spares!

So many lucky band-free people, brackets sound more comfortable.

Marigold

#10 Post by Marigold »

None for me. My teeth were so tight they couldn't get them in. The assistant was literally sweating and she had crease marks on her fingers. They finally gave up and put brackets on them. I feel fortunate I missed that experience!
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

denSMSgt

#11 Post by denSMSgt »

More than eight metal spacers the first time in the mid '80s, four upper, four lower. I must have had one of the few old-school orthodontists that was still doing full metal bands on ALL teeth. Friends had colours on ligs and powerchains and mine looked like Ben Stiller's in Something About Mary.

Eight only in the late '90s, that time they were little blue circles. I remember them being painful and then one ended up going down under the gum-line, had to go in for them to fish it out. No fun. Ended up with molar bands only and a palate separator again on top.

This time thankfully, all bonded brackets- NO bands on molars! YAY!

I did have a little 80s flashback when they just wire-tied a bracket after moving it to get a tooth to turn.

Glad the technology has improved as well as not getting spacers this time!

SMILE!

mehogeni

#12 Post by mehogeni »

Today I got my spacers installed for my second adjustment. It was painful going in, but not NEARLY as painful as it was exchanging my power chain.....I think I'm going to drug myself up and take a nap with all of this soreness going on in my mouth right now.

I have 7, they couldnt put in the last one on my bottom left back molar sooo I guess they're just gonna wing it on that end. I go in the Monday after next to get bands. Oh what fun :(

NICURN85

#13 Post by NICURN85 »

I had 8!! I will never forget having them installed. My bottom arch was so stubborn and ended up having those on a month in which the ortho installed because the assistant could not get them in as they kept breaking. I only had my top spacers on about a week I think.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

JumpTheDitch

#14 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Oh dear, I ate another one :oops: Lucky those top ones are coming out this morning!

Sounds like a close shave Marigold!

Metal spacers sound awful denSMSgt, im glad I didnt have your 80's ortho! Were they inserted with a spring loaded hammer, like Sirwired's wife's'? Sound like Johnny Depp in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory! So if you also had rubber spacers in the 90's, are you now heading for Round 3 of braces?

A month Kimmie! That's edging towards torture!

My top 6 come out today, bottom 3 tomorrow :D

rhibee83

#15 Post by rhibee83 »

I had 10 of the suckers! lol. not good times. :ThumbsDown: