Brace Day is hours away!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kezza

Brace Day is hours away!

#1 Post by Kezza »

I can hardly believe i'll be getting them on tomorrow morning! (April 16th 9.15am) The last few weeks have flown by and now after YEARS of thinking about it i'm actually DOING it! It feels soooo good.....Of course, i'm nervous...a little worried about eating and the two social gatherings I have to attend at the end of this week! :shock: Not worried so much about any pain I might have, I think I can cope with that one....Pretty anxious about what i'm going to look like! :oops: ...am I going to wake up the next day, look in the mirror, and think.."Why oh why did I choose to do this to myself"?!! :lol:
Sooooo.....here goes....wish me luck guys! I'll update you all when I get back and at some point i'll figure out how to put some pictures on here!
39 year old woman.

Upper Ceramic Braces Put On 16/4/2013.
Lower Metal Braces put on 9/9/2013.

SunshineRay

Re: Brace Day is hours away!

#2 Post by SunshineRay »

Good luck! I'm 38 and have also been thinking about it for years. I dont have a brace date yet but I can wait to. After your consult how long did it take to get a date?

djss16

#3 Post by djss16 »

Good luck!!! I'm 31 and starting the process of consults and quotes for braces so I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I hope everything turns out great for you and you are not in pain!

Kezza

#4 Post by Kezza »

SunshineRay wrote:Good luck! I'm 38 and have also been thinking about it for years. I dont have a brace date yet but I can wait to. After your consult how long did it take to get a date?
Thanks for all your well wishes! It's so great to have the support of others who are thinking about or going through this treatment!

SunshineRay....It was a matter of weeks...I booked the consultation, got that out of the way, then a couple of weeks later I went in to sort out the finance side of things. Once that was all sorted, they gave me a date straight away for being braced...3 weeks later! they said they could get me in sooner if they had a cancellation but I said 3 weeks was fine for me as I needed that time to get my head around it! :lol:
39 year old woman.

Ciara

#5 Post by Ciara »

Good luck! Hope it all goes well.

NeilH

#6 Post by NeilH »

Good luck!

rhibee83

#7 Post by rhibee83 »

oOoOOoO EXCITING! I have only had mine on for a week and a bit :)

good luck! you will do fine :) :jump:

Tobilei

#8 Post by Tobilei »

Another good luck from me!!! Yay for brace day!!!

isthistaken

#9 Post by isthistaken »

So exciting, it was truly one of the happiest days of my life when I got my braces. I was elated. Then they were so hard to get used to and I was like why did I do this? But I still don't regret it.

Hope it went well!

beckyboo0205

#10 Post by beckyboo0205 »

GOOD LUCK! I didn't have that hard of a time adjusting so don't freak out! I've had mine for a month and 2 days and it feels like it's gone really fast.

NICURN85

#11 Post by NICURN85 »

Good luck tomorrow!! Make sure to let us know how things go.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

jem

#12 Post by jem »

Hi Kezza,

You should just about have them on by now. I hope it went well. I found the whole experience much easier than I had feared and I think most people do.

It is over a year since I got mine, also on a Tuesday. I also had a social event with old friends on the Friday and was more worried about what they would think than about any discomfort from being braced. In the event, no-one noticed my brace until I pointed it out and they were all very supportive about it.

I confess that I remained self-conscious about my brace for a few months, but you eventually realise that no-one else cares about your braces except you and you might as well keep smiling as usual.

Good luck with your treatment.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Lizzie365

#13 Post by Lizzie365 »

I hope it all went well! :tingrin:

Kezza

#14 Post by Kezza »

Hey guys....So it's been about 4 hours since I got them on...no pain as of yet, just a weird pressure on my teeth.
Just spent around 2 hours on the phone to my sister, so ALOT of talking! :lol: Feels so weird having all this stuff behind my top lip! It was all done in about 30 minutes! I only have the tops on right now, he wants to see how my teeth move before putting the bottoms on.
I only have brackets on the front 10 teeth so nothing on the back teeth...so i'm hoping eating won't be so bad for me...so far I have had a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich...messy! that's going to take a bit of getting used to! :ThumbsDown:
I go for my first appointment on the 21st may.
I have the rest of today off work and tomorrow off work as I thought I wouldn't feel like facing anyone too soon and that I might have a rough nights sleep! :roll:
I keep looking at myself in the mirror :yikes: ..I'm quite happy with how they look, although it feels like I have loads of extra teeth in my mouth and that they are sticking out about a foot in front of my face...I'm sure they feel worse than they look though!
Going to run the hoover around the house and take the pooch out for a walk to try and take my mind of it for a bit (yeah right! that'll be easy to do! :roll: ) I just hope I don't run into anyone........ :yikes:
39 year old woman.

amyhenna

#15 Post by amyhenna »

You did it! Congratulations! I'm still awaiting being fully braced. I have twelve teeth done so far: 6 on the front top and 6 on the front bottom. Already, in 3 weeks, my two front bottom teeth are uncrossed.

Loving this whole thing so far!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best to you.