Braces and Extractions - same day... bring it on!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Timetoshine

Braces and Extractions - same day... bring it on!

#1 Post by Timetoshine »

After 20 years of procrastinating, I am FINALLY going through with the teeth-straightening process!

11 April spacers in, 12 April Braces on in morning, 4 bicuspids out in afternoon. If I am going to be sore, I think I'll opt for it all at once, and hope the painkillers at extraction time last for the evening! The dental surgeon offers IV painkillers so opting for this if its at all possible for me.

I am so excited about the prospect of straight teeth and smiling broadly for photos... with a 16-20 month estimated treatment time at this stage.

Still niggles of the worry of the unknown, and how I will feel during treatment...

Have loved seeing the images of peoples teeth changing and can't wait for that to be me!

rhibee83

Re: Braces and Extractions - same day... bring it on!

#2 Post by rhibee83 »

Hi Timetoshine!

wow that is alot of work to go through in one day! I had my 4 premolars extracted and was going to get my braces on a week later and no way I could of, my teeth were still healing and sore. BUT in saying that, alot of people get their braces on the day they have extractions and I just think you have to be really brave to do that lol, good luck with it all and looking forward to hearing about your journey :)

ps i get brackets and more spacers on next friday and then the following wed the archwire, and I will be fully brace! I have had 4 premolars removed and one wisdom, also have an upper lingual arch and nance button appliance with molar bands in at the moment. :)

d0minic

#3 Post by d0minic »

wow. it's a big thing to do them all on a same day. i had my braces on 2 days after my premolar extractions and it drove me nuts due to the pressure of the braces the first few days and the aching wounds. anyway congratz for getting your braces after so long! =]

Tobilei

#4 Post by Tobilei »

Welcome to the forum and to getting started! Such an exciting time! I'm sure it will all be fine, others here have done it all on the same day.

Ciara

#5 Post by Ciara »

Welcome to the forum! Wow, that's a lot to get done in one day. I hope it works out well for you.

belistic10

#6 Post by belistic10 »

oh wow that is alot in one day! hope it goes well! i had dry socket pain in 3 spots after 4 extractions so i was VERY glad to not have my braces put on till 3-4weeks after but i was awfully unlucky!