Brace day on March 19th!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joeyyeo

Re: Brace day on March 19th!

#16 Post by joeyyeo »

Teehee I get mine on March 15th :D I'm really excited too! Not too excited about the pain though, hopefully it isn't all too bad!
Upper braces off after 636 days!

KatrinkaNoir

#17 Post by KatrinkaNoir »

Good luck everyone! I was surprised at how little pain there was (especially compared to the spacers). You will be so happy, use lots of wax :).

cbreeze

#18 Post by cbreeze »

I got my ceramic braces on 5 weeks ago. The first 3 days were actually not bad (a little throbbing and tenderness in my front teeth), so I thought I was in the clear. But as SOON as you talk a lot one day, the inside of your mouth will definitely be somewhat cut up or sore. I should have used wax to cover hooks & brackets to PREVENT soreness. But I didn't. Big mistake. So use lots and lots of wax anywhere you feel your brackets rubbing on your cheeks -- even if it isn't sore yet.

Also, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, greek yogurt, and protein shakes were all my saving grace!

jmjohnson317

#19 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Thanks for the tips! I've been planning to stock up on wax, I already get canker sores as it is so I'm a bit nervous about that part.
I get my braces on in 8 days so I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time and still looking for quick and easy to make soft foods, along with all the great suggestions I've gotten already.

I'll keep everyone who's interested updated once I get my braces on. :D

safetysquirrel

#20 Post by safetysquirrel »

I get braced on the 18th! Good luck! Are you super excited/anxious too?

jmjohnson317

#21 Post by jmjohnson317 »

safetysquirrel wrote:I get braced on the 18th! Good luck! Are you super excited/anxious too?
It's all I've been able to think about! I've wanted to fix my teeth forever so this is life changing for me, I can't wait! Good luck to you too.

LadyJennifer

#22 Post by LadyJennifer »

I get mine on the 20th!
I can't wait to see all of our progress pictures!

jmjohnson317

#23 Post by jmjohnson317 »

I'm still way too self-conscious to upload any before pictures, maybe I'll take one and upload it once I'm more comfortable though.

safetysquirrel

#24 Post by safetysquirrel »

Alright, I know there are quite a few of us getting braced this week.... Best of luck to you! Mine go on tomorrow morning!

jmjohnson317

#25 Post by jmjohnson317 »

safetysquirrel wrote:Alright, I know there are quite a few of us getting braced this week.... Best of luck to you! Mine go on tomorrow morning!
Hey mine are going on tomorrow, let me know how they feel and what to expect in a first day!

isthistaken

#26 Post by isthistaken »

jmjohnson317 wrote:Thanks for the tips! I've been planning to stock up on wax, I already get canker sores as it is so I'm a bit nervous about that part.
I get my braces on in 8 days so I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time and still looking for quick and easy to make soft foods, along with all the great suggestions I've gotten already.

I'll keep everyone who's interested updated once I get my braces on. :D
....cream of wheat, applesauce, sorbet, chocolate milk, mashed potatoes...rinse and repeat.....

beckyboo0205

#27 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Hey I got mine on Saturday (the 16th.) I only had a little pain at the end of the first day. But it is really weird to eat with these things so that's the challenge. Now I'm day 3 and the pain has NOT been that bad! I woke up with a bit of a throb in my front 6 teeth but once the ibuprofen kicked in, I felt really good!

You'll do fine! I was expecting way worse.

jmjohnson317

#28 Post by jmjohnson317 »

beckyboo0205 wrote:Hey I got mine on Saturday (the 16th.) I only had a little pain at the end of the first day. But it is really weird to eat with these things so that's the challenge. Now I'm day 3 and the pain has NOT been that bad! I woke up with a bit of a throb in my front 6 teeth but once the ibuprofen kicked in, I felt really good!

yeah I have a lot of movement to do in the front teeth so I'm not eating anything solid for days just as a precaution haha.
I just bought a bottle of ibuprofen just in case.
Oh, how is talking with them on? I'm really worried about that.

isthistaken

#29 Post by isthistaken »

jmjohnson317 wrote:
beckyboo0205 wrote:Hey I got mine on Saturday (the 16th.) I only had a little pain at the end of the first day. But it is really weird to eat with these things so that's the challenge. Now I'm day 3 and the pain has NOT been that bad! I woke up with a bit of a throb in my front 6 teeth but once the ibuprofen kicked in, I felt really good!

yeah I have a lot of movement to do in the front teeth so I'm not eating anything solid for days just as a precaution haha.
I just bought a bottle of ibuprofen just in case.
Oh, how is talking with them on? I'm really worried about that.

Elmer Fudd ring a bell?

jmjohnson317

#30 Post by jmjohnson317 »

isthistaken wrote:Elmer Fudd ring a bell?
That bad? I may not talk for a while then haha.