Brace day on March 19th!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jmjohnson317

Re: Brace day on March 19th!

#61 Post by jmjohnson317 »

A couple of years would destroy me haha, I'm only doing six month smiles. I don't have any bite issues so I'm just fixing how my teeth look, and I don't care about my bottom teeth so I'm just doing the top. I'm getting off super easy.

Okate

#62 Post by Okate »

Oh great! Now I feel worse! I got almost two years of these suckers because I have a crossbite as well as horrible top teeth. I tried for the 6 month smiles but they said no as I need to fix the bite on the bottom! That sounds rude...well bye for now sixey! : )

jmjohnson317

#63 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Does anyone know how soon is too soon to start seeing movement? I'm only 3 days in and my teeth don't connect like they used to and I'm fairly sure my canines have moved ever so slightly haha

beckyboo0205

#64 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Well I saw movement in 9 hours! And maybe a little bit in a canine but it's hard to tell. I'm sure it depends alot on the case.

jmjohnson317

#65 Post by jmjohnson317 »

Yeah I have a lot of gaps so maybe I can just see the tiny bit of movement better haha
but they've moved I'll tell you that

isthistaken

#66 Post by isthistaken »

When I saw how fast my teeth moved in just a week or so, I was like, why did I wait 40 years to do this?

safetysquirrel

#67 Post by safetysquirrel »

I saw movement that day, you're not crazy! :-)

jmjohnson317

#68 Post by jmjohnson317 »

I'm so glad to be seeing movement so quickly, and dealing with the braces isn't bad at all. I don't have any pain, my teeth just feel a bit weird. Food is greatest enemy right now, although I did have pancakes for breakfast and battered fish fillets for lunch (used the roof of my mouth and my tongue to grind up the food), I wish I could eat a burger though haha

Ciara

#69 Post by Ciara »

jmjohnson317 wrote:I'm so glad to be seeing movement so quickly, and dealing with the braces isn't bad at all. I don't have any pain, my teeth just feel a bit weird. Food is greatest enemy right now, although I did have pancakes for breakfast and battered fish fillets for lunch (used the roof of my mouth and my tongue to grind up the food), I wish I could eat a burger though haha
Glad to hear you already have movement and also glad to hear you aren't in much pain. Unfortunately, food seem to remain the enemy, at least it has for me and I'm 5 months in.

jmjohnson317

#70 Post by jmjohnson317 »

I've mentally prepared myself for my worst case scenario, soft food all through treatment, that doesn't mean I want it to happen though. I'll eat again someday haha

beckybrucelee

#71 Post by beckybrucelee »

Read this: http://my6monthsmiles.wordpress.com/ I've been blogging about my 6 month smiles progress with pictures. I'm now 6-8 weeks away from getting them off. Loads of tips and insight into what having them is like from movement, ulcers, to the effect on social life, to work life, eating, sleeping and so on. Good luck!