Nance button

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhibee83

Nance button

#1 Post by rhibee83 »

Hi Guys and Gals

Today I got my upper lingual arch with nance button. does anyone else have one of these?

I would like to know what kind of food you first ate when you got yours? I do not have my braces yet, just the arch as I am getting teeth out thursday.

I have eaten soft foods today, no chewing, it feels SO WEIRD to swallow... I feel like the nance button is going to get food stuck under it (even tho the ortho said it doesnt! lol) and i feel like all i am doing is playing with it and i am worried i will damage the wires and stuff.

Is there any "rule" to having an upper lingual arch with a nance button? Do you brush after every meal?

Any advice will be so helpful for me :) I dont want to damage it or make it unhygienic!

Lizzie365

Re: Nance button

#2 Post by Lizzie365 »

Hey,

I'm getting a nance button fitted in a few weeks and I'm interested to know how you're getting on with it?

rhibee83

#3 Post by rhibee83 »

Lizzie365 wrote:Hey,

I'm getting a nance button fitted in a few weeks and I'm interested to know how you're getting on with it?
Hey lizzie

I have had mine for a while now and my tongue still likes to play with it lol but I am pretty used to it now and don't really notice it that much. The beginning was horrible but it gets better and I think once it comes out it will feel weird not having it there! I don't eat seeds cos I don't want them stuck under it but apart from that I don't get anything else stuck under the button just the archwire that is connected to the molar bands and nance but it's easily removed with a interdental brush or tongue hahahha

Glad to hear someone else getting one :) keep me updated how u go :)

Lizzie365

#4 Post by Lizzie365 »

Oh I forgot I'm going to have to get used to eating all over again. Sometimes I wonder why I even started this process!!!!

The thing that concerns me is my speech, hopefully I will get used to it quickly! It wasn't originally part of my treatment plan so it's taken me by surprise and I'm starting to feel out of my comfort zone!

Ah well, I suppose the sooner I have it the sooner it comes off! Do you know how long you need to wear yours?

rhibee83

#5 Post by rhibee83 »

Lizzie365 wrote:Oh I forgot I'm going to have to get used to eating all over again. Sometimes I wonder why I even started this process!!!!

The thing that concerns me is my speech, hopefully I will get used to it quickly! It wasn't originally part of my treatment plan so it's taken me by surprise and I'm starting to feel out of my comfort zone!

Ah well, I suppose the sooner I have it the sooner it comes off! Do you know how long you need to wear yours?
Speaking wasn't to bad, had a lisp for a bit, maybe a few days to a week but when it went on I had extra saliva! And even has to get used to swallowing again was weird for a while but stick with it and u will get used to it :) it's not the worse thing to have :) I guess I will have mine on until they start closing my extraction gaps which probably won't be for a whole yet, I am only a month and half into treatment so I am expecting for another 5 months but then again I have no idea! I am to scared to ask lol! When I got mine I just ate mash potato with gravy and pumpkin , just soft stuff until I got used to eating again lol sorry dont mean to sound so negative about it, it really is not that bad, just the initial getting used to it! U will be fine :)

rhibee83

#6 Post by rhibee83 »

It is there to stop my molars from moving into my extraction gaps :) cos of my overbite they dont want my teeth moving anymore forward! does that mean u have had to have extractions too?

Lizzie365

#7 Post by Lizzie365 »

Oh dear!!! I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds, it's just another step towards straight teeth :) I haven't had that much trouble eating since I got my braces, I only have the top ones though. I feel like this is going to be a new experience!

I've had 2 extractions due to decay, but I would have needed to have the teeth out anyway to make room for the space I need to fix my crowding. The ortho I saw previously was using power chains to pull my teeth back into the gaps to fix my crowding. However he left my ortho office last month so I have someone new, who doesn't seem to approve of what the old ortho was doing and wants me to have a nance button put in. This new guy seems to know what he's talking about, just wonder what else he has in store for me!!

rhibee83

#8 Post by rhibee83 »

Lizzie365 wrote:Oh dear!!! I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds, it's just another step towards straight teeth :) I haven't had that much trouble eating since I got my braces, I only have the top ones though. I feel like this is going to be a new experience!

I've had 2 extractions due to decay, but I would have needed to have the teeth out anyway to make room for the space I need to fix my crowding. The ortho I saw previously was using power chains to pull my teeth back into the gaps to fix my crowding. However he left my ortho office last month so I have someone new, who doesn't seem to approve of what the old ortho was doing and wants me to have a nance button put in. This new guy seems to know what he's talking about, just wonder what else he has in store for me!!
I know, i have crowding as well so i needed 4 extractions. Are you only having braces on the top or are you due to get bottom ones soon?

oh yeh what they will do is the nance will hold your molars (near the gap) in place and your front teeth will be retracted back into the gap, and maybe that will make your gap close faster? i am not 100% sure hehe cos everyone is different, but hopefully it won't be to much trouble for you! You can check out my story using the link below if you want to see a pic of the nance, you can notice it in some of my upper arch pics!

hope everything else is going well for you in your braces journey and look forward to reading more from you :)

do you have a blog on here?

rhibee83

#9 Post by rhibee83 »

oh i just saw your 6 MONTH post :) the movement looks great!!!

maybe your case with a nance button is different to mine, but still, least you can get some kinda of information about them :)

Lizzie365

#10 Post by Lizzie365 »

I'll have to have a look at your pictures! I like looking at other people's before/after pics the difference sometimes is crazy!!

I think that is what he plans to do with the nance button, hopefully it may speed up the movement too if my molars are properly 'anchored' rather than just used a power chain.

I'm having bottom ones too but my ortho said he didn't want to put them on until my top were nearly straight and my lateral incisor had been pulled forward. Part of me just wants the bottom ones on now to get them straightened too!

I don't have a blog, I'm quite forgetful so I'd never remember to post on it haha. Thanks, I didn't really think they'd moved that much until I properly compared the before and now photos!

abcdefghi

#11 Post by abcdefghi »

did u get ur teeth taken out before or after it was fitted