How many brackets have fallen off during your treatment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Xenbuf

Re: How many brackets have fallen off during your treatment?

#31 Post by Xenbuf »

Three weeks in, I was talking to my class and felt a pop. Even my students heard the pop! Then I realized, a bracket was loose on my wire. That's the only one so far!

No day but today...

Ashybear

#32 Post by Ashybear »

I haven't had any actual brackets fall off, but I did have one hook thing on one of the brackets just come off. I was talking on the phone and felt a weird thing in my mouth. My ortho was joking that it must have been an intense phone call.

MissPennyLane

#33 Post by MissPennyLane »

almost 3 months into treatment...no bracket issues yet

Female, 27
Braced: 04/27/13 (upper) and 08/30/13 (lower)
Est Treatment Time: 20-24 months
Metal uppers, Metal lowers - "Speed Braces"

samoorelaw

#34 Post by samoorelaw »

I'm 8.5 months into treatment and haven't had one fall off. The only issue I've had is have one o-ring pop off otwo weeks prior to an adjustment, and that was due to my biting down on a cherry that still had a pit in it (ouch!).

mysticgirl916

#35 Post by mysticgirl916 »

I'm almost a month into my treatment, and luckily I've had no brackets fall off

Kezza

#36 Post by Kezza »

None so far at 18 weeks with ceramics on top! :mrgreen:
39 year old woman.

Upper Ceramic Braces Put On 16/4/2013.
Lower Metal Braces put on 9/9/2013.

myllian

#37 Post by myllian »

None so far, it's about a year since I got them.

Pondemoz

#38 Post by Pondemoz »

A little over a month and none replaced. Both my sisters, who have had braces before, mock me for being so careful. I'm hoping to have no brackets popping off all the way through!

Xclusive

#39 Post by Xclusive »

6 days in and none so far, really don't like the sound of my ortho filing off the old cement so hopefully I won't have any issues. :-/

JeniK

#40 Post by JeniK »

No brackets ...so far. I did have a molar buildup break off during the night. So I call the ortho office about this? or is this just part of it ?

anedia

#41 Post by anedia »

JeniK wrote:No brackets ...so far. I did have a molar buildup break off during the night. So I call the ortho office about this? or is this just part of it ?
I would definitely check in with your ortho office. They'll let you know if it needs to be fixed .
First Consultation: July 16th, 2013
Second Consultation: August 21st, 2013
Extractions (Wisdom + baby tooth): August 22nd, 2013
Brace Date: September 4th, 2013
First Adjustment: October 18th, 2013.

TMJJill

#42 Post by TMJJill »

Just lost another one this morning. This makes 3 that I've swallowed in the last 2 years. It was on a back molar on the side I do all my chewing on. I'd had the wire clipped back from it several months ago so there was nothing to 'catch' it. (The other 2 were both off of a crown that is next to this one.)

You know, I really hope none of them have had the hooks get caught up somewhere as they pass through my system. I get a bit nervous about those hooks. :roll:

I guess the only good thing about this is that I'm due to get my braces off in 24 days. Unfortunately, the surface of the tooth is now a bit rough from the remaining cement... or whatever the adhesive is officially called. My tongue goes back there and it feels weird.

I'm debating about whether or not to call my Orthodontist. I have a very full week at work until Friday and he is closed then. Finding time to make the 45/60 minute drive each way plus the appointment really does cut into a work day.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!