Food, Glorious Food

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

isthistaken

Re: Food, Glorious Food

#16 Post by isthistaken »

That's right, busy bee...eye on the prize! :thumbsup:

mehogeni

#17 Post by mehogeni »

I'm almost 2 months in. I loveddd Bird's eye lightly sauced (aka lower fat) Steam-In-Bag Creamed Spinach, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, plantains,spiced lentils and rice, black and/or red beans and rice, eggs and grits, pancakes during my soft periods when i first got my braces and after my first adjustment . In the meat category, I still struggle with steak/chicken and my jaw tires easily so I eat less of it. I only used to eat it for a treat anyways due to my diet. However, even before braces I mainly ate fish for protein and I have found that it's the best thing to start with once you wanna jump in that category, especially tilapia and salmon.

Don't cook the tilapia too hard though, make sure to watch it carefully so it can melt in your mouth once served :)

isthistaken

#18 Post by isthistaken »

Tonight I made a roast and mashed potatoes and gravy. I had a huge bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy and didn't even miss the sliced meat. I am adding quite a few more numbers to my repertoire, thanks to all the great suggestions!!!

rhibee83

#19 Post by rhibee83 »

I have six spacers in at the moment on my lower teeth OUCH! didnt know they could put them in the front lower teeth until my Ortho did! nice blue ones in the molars and 4 green ones in the front.

least they come out on Wed when the lower archwire goes on :wink:

oldfart

#20 Post by oldfart »

I find myself not snacking or eating as often. After spending 20 min doing the routine cleaning, I reach for a brownie or a cookie and change my mind. Just don't want to deal with all that cleaning again.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

paulas1

#21 Post by paulas1 »

[quote="oldfart"]I find myself not snacking or eating as often. After spending 20 min doing the routine cleaning, I reach for a brownie or a cookie and change my mind. Just don't want to deal with all that cleaning again.[/quote]

I agree totally. Food is so much effort. I ate a piece of chocolate cake last night and my mouth was a disaster after

isthistaken

#22 Post by isthistaken »

I've dropped several sizes in 6 weeks.