Hello I am new and just starting my long journey of dental w

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sashii

Hello I am new and just starting my long journey of dental w

#1 Post by Sashii »

Hi.

Just a bit of background.

When I was a child I broke both my front teeth on two different occasions. They were both fixed. I was told I needed braces but I never got them.

Years later my right fronth tooth crumbled and I got a fake tooth. Later I enquired about getting an implant done. I was told that I would beed braces to make room for an implant for the best possible outcome. I freaked out and just continued with my plate and fake tooth. Then my other tooth crumbled. I then decided I would have to get in done.

I went to a different place to see what they said. To cut a long story short I have an overbite and a small lower jaw. For the best outcome for the structure of my face I would need jaw surjery. Firstly a year of braces, then jaw surjery and the implant put in.

Hopefully I will come out of all this with a perfect smile for the first time in my life. I am in my mid 40's.

Spring1onu

Re: Hello I am new and just starting my long journey of dent

#2 Post by Spring1onu »

Hi Sashii! Welcome! I too am new and will (hopefully soon) be starting my dental journey with braces :) just wanted to welcome you and wish you lots of luck with getting the smile you've always wanted. It's a great investment and will be so worth it in the end. Looking forward to reading your updates!

Have you already been braced?

Sashii

Re: Hello I am new and just starting my long journey of dent

#3 Post by Sashii »

Hi Spring1onu. Thank you for the welcome.

I have been braced for about 3 weeks.

The first week was awful I could only eat mushy food and my gums really hurt. But now I am used to them and they don't really bother me.