Dry lips woes

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracesChick

Dry lips woes

#1 Post by BracesChick »

Ever since I got these brace on my lips have been so dry! I'm been using lip balm, and even vaseline, but within 10 minutes they are bone dry. Any tips?

Tobilei

Re: Dry lips woes

#2 Post by Tobilei »

This too shall pass! Mine are still more dry than they used to be, but not like when I first got them on. I just kept applying the lip balm and making sure I was drinking enough water and waited till it went away.

Ciara

#3 Post by Ciara »

It will pass. I had this problem for about a week. Drink lots of water and continue with the lip balm.

Snowglobe32

#4 Post by Snowglobe32 »

It has never "passed" for me...the entire time in braces, it has been off and on for me. I use either vaseline intensive lip therapy, burts bees lip balm and neosporin...the regular, anitbiotic medicine. I know neosporin makes a lip therapy, but the regular stuff works better.

starfish88

#5 Post by starfish88 »

Just buy loads of lipbalms and store them in every bag/pocket you have and all round the house. When you open a cupboard and a lipbalm rolls out is ideal! Then you can use lip balm whenever you need it. I found a guava flavoured lip balm in my fiances toolbox yesterday! But seriously - this will get better with time.

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

SparklyMouth

#6 Post by SparklyMouth »

vaseline is wonderful! I also avoided sparkly lip gloss (boooo!) because I think it's extra drying because of the glittery particles. I like the balm all over idea...

Alisonpv

#7 Post by Alisonpv »

I don't have braces yet, but Toms from Maine is some of the best lip balm I've ever used.

I got my braces on June 21, 2013