Who applied your braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracesChick

Re: Who applied your braces?

#16 Post by BracesChick »

Maybe it has to do with how the brackets are put on? A mold of my teeth were made so the ortho could make trays with the brackets that just slide on to my teeth. 4 parts were made. So they didn't have to place each bracket individually.

Jester321

#17 Post by Jester321 »

My orthodontist did mostly everything. His assisstant only handed him whatever he needed at the time.

CarrieG

#18 Post by CarrieG »

My dentist is doing my braces (my cases is not complicated) and so far she has done everything - applied the brackets, placed the wire, done the cleanings, etc. The assitant just hands her everything. I'm only 2 months in so I don't know if this will change or not.

MrsCharisma

#19 Post by MrsCharisma »

Assistant placed the brackets, ortho checked, had her correct a couple (THAT was fun - not!). Then he checked again. THen she cured, then he checked. Then he placed the wire.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

oldfart

#20 Post by oldfart »

Assistant cleaned. Ortho applied. Assistant did the ligatures.
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

BraceFace2o1o

#21 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

My orthodontist applied my braces.

At all adjustments it is my ortho that does the work.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

quentin

#22 Post by quentin »

I have Damon braces:

The assistant took impressions, cleaned & prepped my teeth; the ortho placed the brackets as the assistant passed them to him. He also cured the glue with the blue light. I was surprised that she put the wire + coil on, but he did come by to see how she was doing, and then he also did the final inspection before I was sent on my way.
Braced: 11 Feb 2013
Debraced: 13 Aug 2014
Expected duration: 24 months
Actual duration: 18 months
Damon Clear uppers (all); Damon metal lowers
http://fullmetalpanda.wordpress.com/

jaybea20

#23 Post by jaybea20 »

I am new here-but I had the assistant prep me and the ortho actually put the brackets on. The assistant then put the bands and wire on. I was surprised the assistant did a lot of the work.

isthistaken

#24 Post by isthistaken »

I got my braces 4 days ago. The assistant did most of the application (was a bit surprised although it is an incredibly busy office.) The doctor bounced in a number of times to check, give instructions, and apply brackets to my multiple crowns.

30withbraces

#25 Post by 30withbraces »

My ortho does everything. The assistant does what her role says, assists. She hands him the tools required but that's all. She hasn't come anywhere near my mouth and I don't expect she ever will.
The practice my ortho works at is small. He shares it with his partner but they don't work on the same day so he has time to see each patient completely.
Heather. Wife, mother and 30yr old with braces :)
Sentenced to 18 months (approx May 2014)

Sita

#26 Post by Sita »

Orthodontist. The therapist did all of the prep work but the application of glue and brackets was all done by the ortho.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

wildpig

#27 Post by wildpig »

Ortho fellow with attending ortho for supervision at beginning of every visit. Then the fellow does everything.