8 months in!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tOOoldforThis

8 months in!

#1 Post by tOOoldforThis »

Just got Slenderized! no powerchains on the bottom, powerchain on top front teeth, no more rubber bands... I'm getting use
to this thing now!

Tobilei

Re: 8 months in!

#2 Post by Tobilei »

Not sure what slenderized is but yay for getting the powerchain off and no more bands!!

tOOoldforThis

#3 Post by tOOoldforThis »

Hey Tobilie,
Slenderizing is IPR, which is when they file in between your teeth to make them thinner and to prevent crowding of teeth.
My two front teeth are super straight now.

And Yah for no Bands... but you never know how long that last.
The Ortho can see something and say ok back on bands...
I'm praying that doesn't happen!

Tobilei

#4 Post by Tobilei »

Ahh yes, I've heard of IPR. It scares me a little. I'm not sure if I'll need it or not (mostly because some of my teeth are a funny-ish shape).

And I know. Sometimes our treatment all feels like a big secret. You go in for an adjustment and never know what you're going to get! My daughter has had elastics twice now, with a 2 adjustment break in the middle.

30withbraces

#5 Post by 30withbraces »

I will be having IPR on my bottom teeth when it's time as they are only just too big. I'm actually a little bit scared of it as filing of my teeth sounds horrible but my ortho assures me that its very beneficial.
Heather. Wife, mother and 30yr old with braces :)
Sentenced to 18 months (approx May 2014)

Jamie83

#6 Post by Jamie83 »

yay glad treatment is going well :) the whole slenderising thing was suggested to me, but don't think i could do it, not sure why!
glad yu're pleased with the results of the slenderising :)