Gap between front teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Harassment Panda

Gap between front teeth

#1 Post by Harassment Panda »

I have had braces for 4 weeks now and a gap has formed between my two front teeth, has anyone had this happen? Is it the norm when having braces?

NICURN85

Re: Gap between front teeth

#2 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi. It is normal because your teeth are moving. It happened to me out of nowhere. I woke up one morning with the gap there and had to do a double take in the mirror. Last week at my ortho appointment I received powerchains most of my teeth including the two front teeth where the gap had formed and in less than a week my gap has closed!!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

kennyandrew85

#3 Post by kennyandrew85 »

Normal, happened to me about 4 months in, your teeth are lining up first and probably have powerchains to bring them back together.
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

Sita

#4 Post by Sita »

Very normal. Happened to me early in the process. It's common for gaps to appear and disappear, especially in the beginning.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

Raleigh

#5 Post by Raleigh »

Yes it's quite normal apparently. I have one as well and my ortho assured me that it is normal and will be sorted out later on.