Help dealing with coil springs and spacers..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rawr101

Help dealing with coil springs and spacers..

#1 Post by rawr101 »

So I need spacers back on in order to make room for the molar bands on my TPA. I guess due to the shape of my molars only two rubber spacers one on each side were able to fit in between the teeth. Last month we had to take a mold and for about a week I had the spacers and thought they were just annoying. This time my ortho also put these coil springs going from my last molar up to my canine. OMG. I hate life right now. My teeth hurt/itch so bad.(sidenote: do any of you guys get an itching sensation. I think my nerves are tingling at the roots so it feels similar to an itch lol.) I have 7 more more days with these on and I am seriously considering removing the spacers to offer a little bit of relief even though I know its the coil springs that are ripping my teeth apart. My gums are so sore and swollen. I just want this to over. Do you guys have any tips for dealing with the pain and irritation?

bemurray

Re: Help dealing with coil springs and spacers..

#2 Post by bemurray »

Ice cream and pain killers! Sorry I'm not much help, I've got my spacers in atm too and it sucks! Hurts more after attempting to eat, the only relief I get its by biting down on my bottom teeth (I've got two on one molar on each side up top), but that makes it hurt more later - feel like I'm teething! Hang in there!

Louise!

Re: Help dealing with coil springs and spacers..

#3 Post by Louise! »

I've had spacers on for the first week but they haven't bothered me too much. The day after getting them my entire jaw was sore and that lasted a couple of days, and I've been unable to chew anything due to molar pain when biting down since I had them in, but other than when I try to chew I don't feel anything at this point and they're out tomorrow. I just popped an ibuprofen a couple of times a day for the first two days and was fine :)