When did you start seeing results in your teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chimi

When did you start seeing results in your teeth?

#1 Post by chimi »

Hi,

I just got braces this week, and I cant help waking up every morning expecting to see a change hahaha. I know its silly...

So, when did you guys started to see changes? when did people noticed that your teeth got better?

Tobilei

Re: When did you start seeing results in your teeth?

#2 Post by Tobilei »

I've had mine on for 8 days. I'm pretty sure one of the back molars has moved because I can no longer floss between there and I've always been able to. I also noticed last night that my top gap and bottom gap were completely off when I got the brackets on. Now they're pretty much matching up in the centre. Very very tiny changes but changes all the same :mrgreen:

WiredJon

#3 Post by WiredJon »

I'm 6 weeks in and haven't seen much change yet - my bottom teeth seem a little straighter and my bite is a bit different, but that's all.

I read that teeth move about a mm a month with braces, so it will take time!

khaymie78

#4 Post by khaymie78 »

Hi! I have been having my braces for about 4 months now. I saw major changes the first month, but now it has been slow and steady. I may see faster changes, this month, because I got a thicker wire on my last adjustment.

starfish88

#5 Post by starfish88 »

Mine was visible within 2 weeks - I really noticed a tooth that was well out of place fall into line. I also got big bite changes within the first few months. Now its more slow-and-steady but i do feel changes after every adjustment. I got an adjustment on Wednesday and already my bite is off again and I can feel another tooth has rotated slightly with my tongue!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

Danaeliz

#6 Post by Danaeliz »

I have only had my braces since monday Novemeber 26, 2012. I can already see changes. I can't believe it! I had a caniane that was higher and out of line. It has moved way down. So excited! Just wish I could eat something other than soup! LOL

Danaeliz

#7 Post by Danaeliz »

Hey, if you guys don't mind me asking, I am new to this site and was wondering how you got the signature that says how long your braces have been on?

Tobilei

#8 Post by Tobilei »

Danaeliz wrote:Hey, if you guys don't mind me asking, I am new to this site and was wondering how you got the signature that says how long your braces have been on?
It's called a ticker (if you google free tickers a few sites come up or if you click on someone's you like it will take you to the website). You choose what you want (choose "event ticker" there'll be others there for pregnancy, quitting smoking etc), put in your details, then go up to your user control panel (top right of your screen) and edit your signature with the code it gives you (starts with img and ends with img).

EbonyQ

#9 Post by EbonyQ »

It’s not silly (I think most of us have done that 8) ).

For some it takes “ages” before they see any changes and for others just a few days.

With my uppers it took ages before I could see any big changes but with my lowers it took just 2-3 days for big changes to happen.

If you take pictures of them then it will be much easier to compare them :wink:

[/url]

Toby93

#10 Post by Toby93 »

I noticed that the one tooth that had bothered me for years just fell into place within a month. It is a slow and steady process, but after 14 months I am really starting to see a big change!

dojo

#11 Post by dojo »

Had a 'high' incisor that showed progress in 2-3 weeks already. Sure, small progress but, for someone like me who studied their teeth daily, it was pretty visible.
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

furious george

#12 Post by furious george »

I only saw very very small changes in the beginning, (barely) noticeable around three weeks. I didn't notice anything big until I got a powerchain on my central incisors and it closed the gap there practically overnight.

Otherwise, it's been so easy for me to overlook changes. You stare and you don't think anything is happening, and suddenly it's been six months and you look at a before picture and that's when it's like WOW.
Female, Age 37
Braced: 6/13/12
GAC In-Ovation C Top, Metal Bottom
Initial Estimated sentence: 12-14 months
SENTENCE EXTENDED: 18 months

helricha

#13 Post by helricha »

I've had mine on for 7 days and I can't "see" changes but I can feel that my bite is different.

nikkibabie19

#14 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Prob before the first adjustment ...which was about a month in...But i could tell things were different before that...My bite started changing....

ALso try looking at the arch wire as apposed to trying to watch for movement in the teeth. The wire movement will be easier to spot and the teeth might not look any different but the wire will get straighter in places before you actually see the teeth move.

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

Dee17

#15 Post by Dee17 »

I've had my braces on for almost three months. I had a small gap in my lower arch which has closed and another one opened up next to those teeth. I haven't seen much change in the space in my upper arch but I am aware that my teeth are definitely fitting together differently these days. Feels very strange!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/