At a stand still...Bridge work. Lateral incisors l

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

crimsonrayne07

At a stand still...Bridge work. Lateral incisors l

#1 Post by crimsonrayne07 »

Okay so I was told at my consultation for my braces that I would get my braces removed and a retainer. Then when I get my bridge work done I would have to purchase another retainer. I am missing both of my lateral incisors. I was told to call and schedule a consultation with my dentist for bridge work since Im done with everything ready to remove.braces and my dentist quoted me 5100 for a 6 unit bridge. Wouldn't budge from that. I do not need a 6unit. I was looking more towards a Maryland bridge..which she doesn't like to do was very adamant about that.Well anyways, I called my ortho today to tell them that I just simply could not afford the bridgework i was quoted from my dentist. And they told me I would have to keep them on till my bridge work was completed. I am kind of at a stand point. Rather thinking about calling around to other dentist offices to see if they do Maryland bridges at least until i cam afford actual.bridgework or implants...just looking for opinions.

plugnickel69

Re: At a stand still...Bridge work. Lateral incisors l

#2 Post by plugnickel69 »

I don't know about the cost differential, but wouldn't implants be a superior solution and wouldn't compromise the health of other teeth?

BetsyBug

#3 Post by BetsyBug »

I would see if you have a local dental school usually dental work is much cheaper. The students are supervised by "actual" dentist instructors so I wouldn't be too concerned about them being students.
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

DrJasonKTam

#4 Post by DrJasonKTam »

Maryland bridges may be good aesthetic fixes but they are pretty much just that... do not expect to be able to function and chew much with them, lest you wish to risk them debonding.

Implants would probably be superior but cost would be very similar if not more than the bridge.

You do have the option of removing the braces and wearing a retainer until you figure out what you want to do with the replacement of those teeth. However, the type of retainer and proper wear is important so that there is no relapse.

For anyone else considering prosthetics along with orthodontics, it is a good idea to figure out the restorative plan from the beginning so that there are no surprises afterwards.

Best of luck!
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8

crimsonrayne07

#5 Post by crimsonrayne07 »

Thanks everyone! I called them back about week after I spoke to the lady before whom told me to call after bridge work could be done. I spoke with another woman. I asked her if they could verify with my orthodontist my course of treatment due to having to wait on the bridgework. She said she would call me back when she heard something. She called me back amd told me that the last person I spoke with shouldnt have canceled my appointment that that would have been my time to discuss my treatment. Scheduled another appointment that was 6 more weeks of waiting. Went in and my ortho said it wouldn't be a problem to hold the space. He also said my teeth weren't perfect but defiantly better than before. I've beenin braces for 2 years and 5months. I haven't broken anything at all always made it to every single appointment.ive only had to go in for a few repairs due to assist,ants not double checking work before i left the chair examples brackets not being closed, wires cut that weren't supposed to be cut, wires not pushed into brackets.i I paid my 6100 for my orthodontic work and for him to tell me that theyre not perfect which. i realize not everyones absolutely perfect but still. They scheduled me in another
6 weeks to have my braces removed....So at my last 4 appointments there has been nothing done ....each of those appointments being 6 weeks apart....