mouth sores :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kbenz

mouth sores :(

#1 Post by kbenz »

I've been braced for almost a year. The past week has been the worse. I have several sores inside my mouth and I have not found any relief from them. I think they were initially caused by my 2 1/2 year old bumping into my mouth. I've been piling on wax and have tried different mouth rinses that I've read online (peroxide, baking soda, etc.)

Does anyone have any advice? I'm ready to call my ortho and say I'm done... this is unbearable!

Duncan5

Re: mouth sores :(

#2 Post by Duncan5 »

Had one on my lip and it took about a week to go. Very painful, so you have my sympathy. All I can suggest is wax to prevent further damage, and a salve for ulcers (the one I use (sounds like igloo) includes an anesthetic).

Peroxide sounds far too aggressive, try a salt water rinse (taste like tears) as that's mildly antiseptic and an old remedy for healing closed cuts, extraction sites and sore throats.

smile4jen

Re: mouth sores :(

#3 Post by smile4jen »

Kanka made by Blistix.
Dry the affected area, apply and let dry (holding your lip out a minute) You'll see a coating.
It will numb, is an antiseptic and will stay in place :thumbsup: