Anyone get braces without spacers first?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Catlady

Re: Anyone get braces without spacers first?

#31 Post by Catlady »

No spacers here as well. I have the Damon System with all brackets on my teeth including the ones in the very back. :)

marybee

#32 Post by marybee »

Kipepeo wrote:No molar bands, no spacers. I have the Damon system (self ligating braces).
Me too!

drgnchsr36

#33 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I didn't get spacers...

gaman

#34 Post by gaman »

No spacers, my brackets are glued directly onto the molars.
ME

samoorelaw

#35 Post by samoorelaw »

I had my braces for approximately 4 months prior to having my one molar band and the brackets on my other molars installed.
Braces removed for 3rd and final time July 14, 2016!!!!

Permanent 8 crowns front 8 teeth (upper) January 30, 2015

Braces removed again December 3, 2014!!

Partial braces re-installation September 25, 2014

Braces removed September 4, 2014!

UnicornDerp

#36 Post by UnicornDerp »

I really hate spacers. People who don't get spacers are considered as lucky! The spacers are really hurt so badly. You would feel like there is popcorn struck in your teeth.

mapleleafman888

#37 Post by mapleleafman888 »

marybee wrote:
Kipepeo wrote:No molar bands, no spacers. I have the Damon system (self ligating braces).
Me too!
No spacers needed here either, damon system doesn't require them to be put in!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

kids041

#38 Post by kids041 »

no spacers for me.. just brackets on all my teeth, with the back 4 teeth having larger brackets with tube like things on them.

JeniK

#39 Post by JeniK »

No spacers either....and have all brackets...no molar bands.

jtsang

#40 Post by jtsang »

Just got braces a week ago, all brackets even on my molar which has a crown.. I wonder why they left my last molar a lone??

jtsang

#41 Post by jtsang »

jtsang wrote:Just got braces a week ago, all brackets even on my molar which has a crown.. I wonder why they left my last molar a lone??
I just went for my first month "adjustment". Ortho put in some blue spacers between my last two molars for bands in 3 weeks.. I guess I was not lucky enough to avoid the spacers and banding!!

WiredOldLady

#42 Post by WiredOldLady »

No spacers, no bands. My very back teeth up and down have nothing on them. Need to check my treatment plan to see what (if anything) is going to be done with those teeth.

Now if only my mouth didn't feel like I'd chewed ground glass all day... :roll:
Braces off on 8/26/14 after a year!

Pandanini84

#43 Post by Pandanini84 »

[quote="Ashybear"]I've never had spacers :) they just chucked my braces right on :)[/quote]

Do you have full braces? I was just wondering because i am getting partial braces upper and lower on 6 teeth only and he never said anything about spacers

Pandanini84

#44 Post by Pandanini84 »

[quote="kingy"]Nope, I got my braces without them too :D But then my ortho told me we'd skip that stage, so I knew what was going on etc. I don't have brackets on my very back molars either....[/quote]

Do you have full or partial braces?

assertives

#45 Post by assertives »

I didn't get spaces either. My bottom 2 molars just have buccal tubes on them, and my last molars on the top do not have brackets on them.

For my case, my ortho actually told me that he personally do not like using molar bands because they are hard to clean, and usually uncomfortable for the patient, so he prefers to not treat his patients with them. He did say though that without molar bands, the anchoring is not as strong, and told me to be careful.