They are off! But having retainer issues

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MetalManda

They are off! But having retainer issues

#1 Post by MetalManda »

After 3 long long years of treatment, my braces finally came off just in time for my birthday!
I have a permanent retainer bonded to the back of my top teeth and a removable retainer to wear at night.
A few hours after leaving the ortho and getting used to the retainer, I noticed that on the last tooth the retainer is bonded to, the glue had not stuck and the retainer was moving around and up into my gums.
I returned to my ortho the following week to get it fixed, only to leave and have it come unattached within a few hours.
And now that the glue has changed, my removable retainer doesn't fit anymore!
After 3 years of treatment, I really want to make sure that they stay where they are supposed to and it is really frustrating when the ortho cant seem to get this right.
My ortho also happens to be over an hour out of town so its not like I can just pop in again easily.
Grrr so now I have to spend more money on gas getting back to the ortho and find the time to make the trip. When my ortho gets back from being away for the next week.
Has anyone else had this problem?