HOOKS STABBING MEEEEEEEEEEE

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracedSurgeryStudent

HOOKS STABBING MEEEEEEEEEEE

#1 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

O.K. So I have to wear elastics/rubber bands on both sides but on the right side I have to wear two: first one Top canine to lower second pre molar, the second one first pre molar on top to the lower first molar. So in order to do that she had to put a hook on my bracket (just a regular hook not a wire bend or anything crazy like that)on the top right side canine. Well I had an issue the last time she wasnt using them and left them there my mouth was getting sliced up left and right , and my mouth was bleeding and would not stop I couldnt sleep and took them out. But at the time it was ok because they werent being used for anything. I have tried EVERY kind of wax, Oral gel and ora base but NOTHING is working. I am LITERALLY about 5 SECONDS from ripping this out, I know I don't want to because my orthodontist is spending her valuable time working on me and she would get really mad but I really cant TAKE THIS ANYMOREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenn Medeiros

Kipepeo

Re: HOOKS STABBING MEEEEEEEEEEE

#2 Post by Kipepeo »

Any way you can bend the pokey part in to where it's still accessible, but not dangerous anymore?

TMJJill

#3 Post by TMJJill »

Have you tried the Mack Silicone ear pillow wax yet? It is the only kind that I've found works for me and it is really moldable.

Have you called your orthos office since you got this new hook to see if she has any ideas to help you adjust?

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

auco99

#4 Post by auco99 »

TMJJill wrote:Have you tried the Mack Silicone ear pillow wax yet? It is the only kind that I've found works for me and it is really moldable.

Have you called your orthos office since you got this new hook to see if she has any ideas to help you adjust?
I've suggested the silicone ear plugs (which you turned me into - thanks again) at least 2 or 3 times.
Uppers: Ceramic Damons, braced 1-31-12
Lowers: Metal, braced 5-31-12

Sita

#5 Post by Sita »

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why the wax doesn't help. I chewed two great big holes in my mouth the other week and have had wax on all the hooks (3 either side) pretty much non stop while I've been healing. With the wax on I can hardly even feel the sores and they're able to heal nicely.

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#6 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thanks I should probably call her office this week. Because maybe if I went in or something she could bend it backwards so that wont be facing out poking and slicing up my mouth. I dont really have transportation money so I don't know thats why I tried it myself but these hooks are soo delicate that they can snap if you bend it the wrong way and i would hate to be 3,4 weeks without my elastics in. I wish I didn't live sooo far from the orthodontist. :( Maybe if I called she could help or one fo the ladies there could tell me what to do. I dont know where to get the Macks ear wax plug things.
Jenn Medeiros

TMJJill

#7 Post by TMJJill »

I get the Macks silicone ear pillows at CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc..... They are with the ear plugs.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#8 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thanks, I'll have to take a walk over, Still trying to familiar myself with my new surroundings.
Jenn Medeiros

bcatron

#9 Post by bcatron »

Definitely wear the wax they give you!