Inman

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

El x

Inman

#1 Post by El x »

Hi all,

I got the inman aligner about 8 weeks ago, only have 1 more week to go!
I don't have an expander, just a metal wire with plastic across the front teeth with a spring loaded bit that goes behind my front teeth (top).

When I first had it fitted I literally couldn't speak properly at all and spit all over people when I tried to talk to them! I can now speak fine apart from a bit of lisping which as others have said won't completely go away but it is hardly noticeable now.

At first it was not painful, then it got really painful after a few days, then a few days later it only hurt when putting it back in after taking it out for a bit. Now it doesnt hurt at all, I have to check with my tongue to see if I even have it in nowadays! The only thing is that my teeth are still very tender so I can't eat anything hard like apples or crusty bread etc.

I had trouble with the aligner cutting the inside of my cheek really badly but I got some wax off eBay for a couple of pounds and now I don't need it anymore as it has stopped cutting.

The progress has been great and there is literally only a tenth of a millimetre of extra movement needed (one of my front teeth stuck out forward and the other front tooth stuck out a tiny bit). I haven't been told about a clear aligner at the end so I suspect not everyone has these. I will just be having a bonded wire retainer at the back of my teeth and some tooth added to the bottom of one of my front teeth to level it off.

I am really sorry to hear some of you have not had such a positive experience. I think it must be down to luck as mine has been great. You never know until you try but it is expensive if it doesn't work, priceless if it does though :)