Bi-protrusion and extraction of second premolars

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chaotic Choppers

Bi-protrusion and extraction of second premolars

#1 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Hi everyone,

My treatment plan for bi-dental protrusion and severe crowding includes extractions of all second premolars (the fifth tooth from the midline all round). I will be getting the braces on first and then the ortho will be letting me know when to have the extractions done.

Has anyone else had second premolar extractions for bi protrusion? And if so, how did they retract your teeth and was it enough to help with lip/chin strain? Any direction to photos would be great.

I trust my orthodontist knows what he's doing but everywhere I read, people are getting first premolars extracted which just has me a little worried.
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420