I have no ligatures on the back most molars?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceTheSolarSystem

I have no ligatures on the back most molars?

#1 Post by BraceTheSolarSystem »

I've had top braces for a little over a month now and I just accidentally applied a bit of pressure on my archwire between my back most 2 molars and I noticed the wire bends and moves freely through the back most molar's bracket, leading me to think there is no ligature on that bracket. The same thing is going on on the other side. So I'm wondering, is this normal? Does the fact there are no ligatures back there mean my back most molars will not move at all? Why even have a bracket if there is no ligature, it seems it is not anchored at all.

I also don't even have brackets on my wisdom teeth, but I am assuming this is normal since a bracket on there will seriously rub against my cheek...?

Thanks.

Jerseygirl

Re: I have no ligatures on the back most molars?

#2 Post by Jerseygirl »

I have no brackets on any of my four wisdom teeth which are fully erupted. I have brackets on my two upper molars both left and right but NO ligatures on any of those four teeth. Bottom - no brackets on wisdom teeth. No bracket on molar in front of molar in front of lower wisdom tooth on one side, on other side that tooth was extracted so nothing there.

I've never asked my ortho why this is - I just trust he knows what he's doing. :)

Ceramic uppers and metal lowers
Estimated treatment time: 12-14 months

ashesgap

Re: I have no ligatures on the back most molars?

#3 Post by ashesgap »

They don't have ligature because they are tubes, so the wire slides into them.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days