Recession/black triangle/filling during or after treatment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Recession/black triangle/filling during or after treatment

#1 Post by 33333 »

I started my treatment almost one year ago. Unfortunately, I am having both recession and black triangles. I guess I will have to do a gum graft and some bonding after my treatment is completed. I am also planning to get my filling changed to tooth color composite. I am wondering did any of you do any of those prior to the end of the treatment? I would think I should not touch anything prior to the end, but I am curious.

If done after the treatment, my concerns are:

1) if having a graft, will I still be able to wear a retainer (regardless of the type) since I cannot brush the affected area for weeks. This is especially important for the invisalign looking kind of retainer (not sure what is it called), I can imagine how bad it is going to be to cover any unbrushed area with the retainer.

2) if doing bonding, obviously the retainer will no longer fit. For the hawley retainer, I heard that it is adjustable, but let's say if the arch is, for example, increased by 1mm, I am wonder how will the ortho be able to determine what is the difference with naked eyes, and accurately adjust (manually bend?) the retainer? For the invisalign kind, then I would believe a new impression will need to be done for a new set of retainer? If so, that means the patient will have no choice but leaving the teeth to shift until the new retainer is ready?

3) if doing / changing filling, I would guess the wire kind of retainer won't be affected. But a new set of retainer will be needed for the invisalign kind?

Thanks

Re: Recession/black triangle/filling during or after treatme

#2 Post by 33333 »

Black triangle treatment.

http://www.dentistrytoday.com/restorati ... glesq-case

Has anyone tried this?