Impacted Canine

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iwashere

Impacted Canine

#1 Post by Iwashere »

Hi everyone, glad I found a forum like this! Honestly, everyday has been torture for me, I've had my braces on for about a year and 2 months, with 10 months left to go

In March of this year I had my tooth exposed and had a chain attached to my impacted canine (the other canine is fine) Its October now and I still haven't really noticed a change, I can see a ball from inside my gums which I assume is the canine, but still no exposure of the tooth. The teeth they are using an an anchor have moved inwards, but still no tooth.

Anyone have experience with this? I know that every case is different, but I feel as if there is no progress whatsoever and I dont want to have these braces on longer :/

I'm 20 years old, if that makes a difference

TumbleDryLow

Re: Impacted Canine

#2 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I didn't have an impacted canine personally so cannot offer much in the way of advice. I have been around the forum for awhile though, and in case you haven't already found it, I just wanted to direct you to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25384 It's about 12 pages on the subject of impacted canines. Hopefully you can find some encouragement there. I do know from reading other stories that impacted canines can be quite stubborn. Hang in there.

Iwashere

#3 Post by Iwashere »

Ill take a look, thanks a lot! :)

Racquel

#4 Post by Racquel »

I'm actually in the same situation. I'm 20 with an impacted canine, I had my surgery done in March, and my tooth hasn't came down yet. But I did have another x-ray done and I only have 3 chainlinks to go =) but it's still going to be a while before I actually see any results. How's yours going anything different? Have you asked your orthodontist about it?