So Excited!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DorkieDiva

So Excited!!!

#1 Post by DorkieDiva »

I'm new to the board and so very happy that I found it. I get my top braces in 4 days and I cannot wait. I feel like this has been a long time coming. This is really just a post to say thanks to everyone for sharing all of your advice, excitement, fears, frustrations, etc with other adults like you on this journey to a more beautiful smile. I hope to start a blog before I actually go get my top braces. Thanks again!!!

klobird

Re: So Excited!!!

#2 Post by klobird »

Good for you DD!!!

You are starting on a great journey--sure it has it's ups (seeing cool changes) and downs (adjustments!) but it is so worth it!!!

I was so excited in the beginning also, and have NEVER regretted my decision to get braces....!

Snowglobe32

#3 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I remember in the beginning I was excited, then terrified but now at 22 months in, I am so happy I made the decision!

I didn't blog or really take any photos so I suggest that you do that because it would be neat to go back and read stuff.

Congratulations and keep posting!

yoginbraces

#4 Post by yoginbraces »

Congrats on your decision to get braces and for finding this forum. You will find it extremely helpful, especially in the beginning as you get adjusted to everything. I've been in braces for 15 months and in the beginning I came here at least once a day to lurk or post questions. Welcome to the club! :-)

sibilla

#5 Post by sibilla »

Congratulations! can totally empathise with the excitement/terror thing! But not that the treatment has started, I'm so glad I did it. I haven't regretted it for a single moment - hope it all goes well for you!

bracketeer

#6 Post by bracketeer »

Congratulations!! :tingrin:
Embraced in a heavy metal romance with Damon since 8/10/11. This affair is destined to last at least 12 months : )

ArchWired28

#7 Post by ArchWired28 »

I can totally relate. It is very HARD to wait when you want something very much and is very excited. I am waiting for my lower braces and 5 weeks seem like forever. But I am already over the hill - only 2 weeks left!
Surprisingly enough, when it is something you are not waiting for (like paying rent), months keep flying by like crazy :lol: I keep telling myself that as soon as another rent is due, it will almost be time for the lowers to come in! :lol:
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.