Home Stretch

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kaylaa

Home Stretch

#1 Post by kaylaa »

So I went for my appointment today (13 months into treatment), and the assistant asks me how my elastic wear is coming along. I tell her "good" an "sometimes I forget abut not often" and she takes off my chains and says they are looking very good. I wait for the Dr and he asks me to open and bite. While he is looking around, he tells me that things are looking good and that next appointment he will be reshaping my teeth, as they have worn over the years. Then he tells me that at next appointment he will be able to tell me when they can come off!

I'm so ecstatic!!!!! That means that next appointment I will probably get my de-band date! So the moral of the story is to wear your elastics and be compliant!

I can't wait for the next 3-5 months!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snowglobe32

Re: Home Stretch

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Good for you! Please update us after your reshaping. I am curious to know how the process works.

Thanks.

kaylaa

#3 Post by kaylaa »

Thanks snowglobe! I will let you know how that goes. I'm a bit nervous to be honest. :/

kaylaa

#4 Post by kaylaa »

So I'm a week away from my reshaping appointment and I'm getting really nervous. If anyone has had their teeth reshaped, can you tell me about your experience because the more I think about it the more it freaks me out.

:(

kaylaa

#5 Post by kaylaa »

Reshaping done! Went by so quick. The hand piece is annoying, and really high pitched. Only discomfort felt was a little bit of warmth from the sanding. I'm glad it's over, I was really nervous!

Good news though. I have a deband date! I have one appointment in October and then I get my braces off in December!

I'm so excited! I have never been more excited for December to come haha!