Mouthwash!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

phuongie

Mouthwash!

#1 Post by phuongie »

What is your go to mouthwash?

On a regular basis I use Listerine Advanced twice a day once in the morning and once at night.

Snowglobe32

Re: Mouthwash!

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

ACT Total Care, the blue one.

I find Listerine was too harsh, I usually have to dilute it. I have tried other brands but always go back to ACT. If anyone tries ACT, stick to the blue one.

tarabears

#3 Post by tarabears »

Colgate Phos-Flur. It's specifically designed for braces and supposedly prevents leaving white spots when you get your braces off. I like the flavor and it's not that strong tasting either.
Tara, 25 yrs old.
Braced 07/19/11. Ceramic uppers, metal lowers.

xGa12yx

#4 Post by xGa12yx »

I use Listerine in the Morning and ACT Anticavity before I go to sleep. I highly recommend ACT mouthwash to anybody that's in braces. One thing you don't want is getting cavities or decalcification around your brackets when they come off and ACT will help you out with that. Oh and the reason why I use Listerine in the morning it's cuz I feel like it gives me the nice fresh breath in the morning that last throughout the day. I think it's the 12 hour protection one that I use.

xGa12yx

#5 Post by xGa12yx »

Snowglobe32 wrote:ACT Total Care, the blue one.

I find Listerine was too harsh, I usually have to dilute it. I have tried other brands but always go back to ACT. If anyone tries ACT, stick to the blue one.
After I finish my ACT Anticavity bottle I think I'm going to try that one. I really like the dispensing tube the Anticavity (Green One) has. I wonder why they don't make that one for all the ACT bottles. It's really convenient.

QueenElizabeth

#6 Post by QueenElizabeth »

Great question and answer! I'll have to pick some up tomorrow, since I've just been using regular old Listerine. What about toothpaste? What is everyone using?
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
-Bob Marley

phuongie

#7 Post by phuongie »

At the moment I've been using Colgate's Sensitive Pro-Relief toothpaste(I got this tube from the orthodontist) and I switch between Colgate Sensitive Original. I'm not sure what kind of toothpaste to invest in after these small tubes are up.

What are the benefits of the ACT mouthwash? It's honestly the first time I've heard of the brand. I would love to hear opinions.

Snowglobe32

#8 Post by Snowglobe32 »

As with all mouthwashes and toothpaste, the most important thing is the active ingredients. Each brand may say it does this or that but when you turn to read the back, most of them have the same active ingredients. Which one you choose to use, is all a matter of preference.

xGa12yx

#9 Post by xGa12yx »

phuongie wrote:At the moment I've been using Colgate's Sensitive Pro-Relief toothpaste(I got this tube from the orthodontist) and I switch between Colgate Sensitive Original. I'm not sure what kind of toothpaste to invest in after these small tubes are up.

What are the benefits of the ACT mouthwash? It's honestly the first time I've heard of the brand. I would love to hear opinions.

ACT's Active Ingredient is Sodium Fluoride oppose to Listerine's Alcohol. Act protects your teeth from Cavaties and helps Strengthen and some Formulas help rebuild Enamel in weak spots of your teeth. Listerine kills bad germs that cause bad breath and gingivitis but can also take away good germs leaving you with dry mouth. I really like ACT. I been using it way before I even got braces and highly recommend it to anyone with or without braces.

ashesgap

#10 Post by ashesgap »

I have ACT and Listerine Zero right now. I use the Listerine in the mornings, cause it makes my mouth feel fresher and I use the ACT at night. I prefer Listerine, so when they came out with this new one that doesn't burn I was happy.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

xGa12yx

#11 Post by xGa12yx »

ashesgap wrote:I have ACT and Listerine Zero right now. I use the Listerine in the mornings, cause it makes my mouth feel fresher and I use the ACT at night. I prefer Listerine, so when they came out with this new one that doesn't burn I was happy.

Nice... I still have yet to try the Listerine Zero. You and I have the same Mouthwash Regimen. HeHeHe. I think I'll be trying the Listerine Zero once I get done with the bottle I have. But I love my ACT!

CountessDeSangre

#12 Post by CountessDeSangre »

Listerine and ACT Anticavity. I love them both :mrgreen:

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

Sandpiper

#13 Post by Sandpiper »

I'm in the UK, and use Colgate FluoriGard Daily Rinse (as my ortho recommended it). I find it less harsh than Listerine.
471 days in braces

[/url]

Rusty'sMom

#14 Post by Rusty'sMom »

Act Restoring is my favorite and if you can find their vanilla mint "flavor" it is amazing. I can only find it online since my local pharmacy no longer carries it. Expensive when you add the shipping charge, but well worth it! :)
[Image
[/url]]

[Image
[/url]]

Snowglobe32

#15 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Vanilla Mint- no way! Vanilla is my favorite!