Last Months in Braces... Your experiences??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vampirefangs22

Re: Last Months in Braces... Your experiences??

#16 Post by vampirefangs22 »

My orthodontist said I'll be getting my braces off somewhere in early - mid 2023 a few months ago, but I wasn't given an exact date yet. I can tell I'm in my last few months of braces due to the fact that my teeth are mostly aligned, my 3 previously impacted canines all came in, my midline has been corrected, and my slight overjet has been mostly corrected with IPR and powerchains (it's barely noticeable now, but my orthodontist still knows it's there). If I'm lucky, it's possible I could get them off by the end of this year, but I wouldn't count on such a miracle happening. I'm very excited to get my Hawley retainers after a few more months of having braces.

Lower braces - Halloween 2019
Upper braces - January 9th, 2020
Debonded since May 4th, 2023