2 days until D-Day

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jen8626

2 days until D-Day

#1 Post by Jen8626 »

I get braces off on Wednesday ..... two days until Debrace day!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeek!

:jump:

Julia221

Re: 2 days until D-Day

#2 Post by Julia221 »

Awesome! I can't even imagine what that is going to feel like. I've only had my braces on for a few weeks and I've already had weird dreams about what it'll feel like to have them off again!
Congratulations!
29 years old

Jen8626

#3 Post by Jen8626 »

Thank you :) Good luck on your journey, trust me it'll go quickly. Just follow everything your ortho tells you to do :)

I can't imagine what it'll be like without braces, even though I had them before. Will be weird not curling my lip on my top brace :P hehe

Lynette

#4 Post by Lynette »

Congrats!!! :D

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com

poppy123

#5 Post by poppy123 »

Omg you must be so excited. Im so jealous Makes me giddy just thinking about it, I think I'm 6-8 weeks off!! X

Jen8626

#6 Post by Jen8626 »

Hi Poppy123 Thanks, I am excited but a little scared too. Worried what they'll look like, I'm sure they'll look great. Hope my gums don't get too puffy :-P Not long now, less than 20 hours to go!

200books

#7 Post by 200books »

Congratulations! I only have 103 more weeks to go.

LoveOrtho

#8 Post by LoveOrtho »

Good luck, you must be so happy!

Best wishes,
LoveOrtho

sea54change

#9 Post by sea54change »

Jen-

You must be so EXCITED!!!! I hope you enjoy your new found freedom!

I am about 6-8 weeks away from D-day. It's so close I can taste it.
Bottom braces: 9-1-10
Top Braces: 12-1-10, enamel
Debrace date:Top 12-12-11
Bottom: 1-5-2012

Jen8626

#10 Post by Jen8626 »

Hi everyone, thanks for the kind words :)

So today I was officially debanded :) I'm really happy with my teeth, I'll post a picture on my "braces story" webpage soon.

Here's what happened... I sat in chair and ortho said he'll put permanent retainers in first then take braces off. He put in one of the lip/mouth expander thingies in to stretch my mouth really wide. There was lots of sand, water, air and suction going on. He used the UV light to set the adhesive for the retainers. Boy did my jaw ache, I had to keep it open reaallly wide. Otherwise the whole things was fine, my jaw just ached a little :P I was holding the suction and I swear I drool like a St. Bernard dog lol :P pretty gross

Then he started to take off the bottom metal brackets, no problem. Crunch Crunch Crunch.. The only discomfort was when he took of the very back bractets. The ceramic top brackets were next. These were simple enough but I bigger CRUNCH and it did feel like my teeth were cracking lol and more teeth seemed to be more sensitive, I didn't feel pain but I guess some teeth were a little more sensitive than others ... you brain is basically saying ... what the frig is going on?!!! The smell was pretty disgusting I felt around and had a rinse out, I could feel the glue. Ortho said don't look in mirror just yet!! :shock:

So then I waited in reception to be called by the therapist who then cleaned, scraped and polished my teeth :jump: :D It feels so goood lol My teeth are lovely and smooth. I'm getting used the retainers, they feel a little rough and very occasionally I have a lisp hehe but on the whole they're not a huge issue. The therapist also took molds for my essix retainers. My first meal was chinese takeaway :) It feels very strange not having to "suck" or tongue food out of the brace. It's a bit of a shame my mouth isn't completely appliance free but I'm glad I'll have double retainer protection :)

Tomorrow I have to go back to pick up my essix retainers and they'll teach me how to floss the permanent retainers, I'll also ask about how, what I should clean the essix with.

That's all folks :) happy smiling :) Boyfriend loves them :)

Any questions just ask!

Jen x