My Story, Frustrated w/ braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ibraceface

My Story, Frustrated w/ braces

#1 Post by ibraceface »

Just wanted to share a little insight.. I posted on here about 6 weeks ago. I was a very upset, frustrated orthodontic patient. I had my IBraces on for going on 3 and a half years (with an original treatment plan of 26 months!) and was just not seeing the 'light at the end of the tunnel.' Especially because my orthdontist said we'd be done Octoberish.. and I just was not seeing a finished product!! I was at a point where I was not quite sure whether or not to switch orthos, or just be content and have faith. I have a wonderful, wonderful orthodontist, so I finally bit the bullet and went and shared my frustrations.

After an awesome talk, I was switched to regular braces for the remainder of my treatment (at no charge!) and my mouth has changed INSANELY (for the good) in just three weeks. They think I might even be done sooner now!

Anyways, the point of my post is, if you're frustrated, TALK to your ortho-- I bet you they probably have the same concerns you do. I was an anxious wreck over my teeth and feel 100% better... :) Confessing my frustrations was completely worth it.

Just thought I'd share my experience. After this WAY too long journey, I cant wait to share my 'after' photos. I swear I have been dreaming about my de-bracing day, corn, and ribs just about forever now!

Jen8626

Re: My Story, Frustrated w/ braces

#2 Post by Jen8626 »

Hi, what a wonderful story! Glad you're so much happier :D Just wanted to share my excitement too at the thought of digging in to spare ribs, this will be my first meal when I get my braces off next week, eeek!!! :lol:

What are ibraces btw? What are the main differences between those and metal braces?

Best of luck :D

Jen x

ashesgap

#3 Post by ashesgap »

So glad you got the results you were looking for so quickly once you switched. I can imagine waiting and waiting would be very frustrating. Even as adults we sometimes have problems speaking up.

Jen8626 wrote: What are ibraces btw? What are the main differences between those and metal braces?
ibraces are lingual braces, on the back of the teeth, not the front. :D
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Jen8626

#4 Post by Jen8626 »

I see! I hadn't heard that brand before :D Thanks :D

I think many adults believe "the professional must know best" and ARE scared to speak up, on the other hand if the treatment wasn't working surely ortho should say so? .... sorry to be devils advocate :P

Jen x

Kipepeo

#5 Post by Kipepeo »

I had this too. Read my story. I started with a spring retainer just to align the lower fronts. After 4 weeks I went in before my scheduled appt because it was loose and not staying in place. So he adjusted it then. After 3 more weeks, it was tight alright, but I felt instead of the device aligning the teeth, it was crowding them even more.

I waited a few days because I didn't want to seem like an impatient complainer. When he looked at it even he said the thing was too tight, not working and crowding them more. So together we decided to go with damon braces. It really seems like overkill to me, but I know now that I will get what I want/need. He was very accommodating, credited me for the retainer and applied that to the braces. Cool!

ibraceface

#6 Post by ibraceface »

Thanks guys! I thought I'd show you the difference regular braces made in THREE weeks! Still a little way to go, but I am finally seeing the finish line!! Hooray!

ashesgap

#7 Post by ashesgap »

Ok that is a huge improvement in such a short time.
I've noticed that people with linguals end up with their arches looking "off". Then they have to get traditional brackets and they open up the arch.
Good luck with the rest of your time.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Kipepeo

#8 Post by Kipepeo »

Nice. I love the way they're lining up!

Dressy1

#9 Post by Dressy1 »

Glad you have sorted that out.
It is no big deal to move the teeth in the way they did in your case in 3 weeks. After 3 years of treatment (and even after 6 month of treatment) teeth get pretty loose. They move super fast and easy. but one has to move it somehow.
The fact is, some type of braces are pretty bad at producing some movements.
I was at an appointment today and when they took the wire of, I noticed that my teeth where super loose. They did not feel the same way without the wire because the wire was holding them. They shifted in a new position right after the new wire was on.