Premolar extractions (how did your face change)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kalonxis

Re: Premolar extractions (how did your face change)

#16 Post by kalonxis »

No, I'm still losing some of my original bone structure. There's less fat in my cheeks too (which I hate bc I used to love my cheeks). But I learned that tongue posture is supposed to help with the "dragging down" of the face. Just look up "tongue posture" and try to train yourself to do it. It's the only thing that's helping my face stay normal.

I'll be back with progress reports after a few more months.

Kidolize

#17 Post by Kidolize »

kalonxis wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 am No, I'm still losing some of my original bone structure. There's less fat in my cheeks too (which I hate bc I used to love my cheeks). But I learned that tongue posture is supposed to help with the "dragging down" of the face. Just look up "tongue posture" and try to train yourself to do it. It's the only thing that's helping my face stay normal.

I’m will try to do that tongue posture.. but some othe here doing extraction reversal because their faces didn’t came back to normal and making me hopeless

iceman

#18 Post by iceman »

kalonxis wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 am No, I'm still losing some of my original bone structure. There's less fat in my cheeks too (which I hate bc I used to love my cheeks). But I learned that tongue posture is supposed to help with the "dragging down" of the face. Just look up "tongue posture" and try to train yourself to do it. It's the only thing that's helping my face stay normal.

This!

Practice good swallowing habits too, i.e. with the tongue touching the roof of your mouth every time you swallow.
And good body posture and good head posture which, besides being more beneficial to your health anyways, will also add some nice contact of your tongue to your palate, specifically the posterior (back) part of your tongue.

Take some pics so you can compare before and after. It'll be a few months before you start seeing a noticeable change.