Elephants in my mouth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

N'awlinsRach

Elephants in my mouth

#1 Post by N'awlinsRach »

Ive been wearing 8 oz extra heavy elephants class 2 on both sides for two weeks. They are still killing me. Stupid canine will not come down. These bad boy elastics are extra oral and I can barely open my moth while wearing them. :( Just whining thanks for letting me vent y'all!

lilfoot1112

Re: Elephants in my mouth

#2 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Better to vent them keep it in hope the pain goes soon best of luck :D

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

jambo532

#3 Post by jambo532 »

Elephants? That's the elastics right? I have angry rams haha. I started a new post about the different animal pictures on elastics.. I would love to know what they are for. I think it's hilarious they put angry animals on the package. Good luck!
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

nifer237

#4 Post by nifer237 »

Heard. I have Eagles and they killed. I'm just pushing through and hoping it's over soon.

BraceFace2o1o

#5 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

I have 6.5 oz elastics right now (2 on right side and 1 on left side) and I feel for you. Mine are killing my teeth, really sore and that means eating is a nightmare and making me rather grumpy that I can't eat chewy food!

I started out with 4.5 oz elastics and was switched to the 6.5oz elastics last week... been wearing elastics for about 2 months though so I'm used to them making my speech sound funny :lol:, but I do still get some odd looks off people.
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos