Last meals before braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LittleTurtle

Last meals before braces...

#1 Post by LittleTurtle »

So what was your last meal or treats that you had before you got your braces on? You know, the things that were going to be off limits while you had the braces. My date is coming up next Thursday and I am trying to think of what I want for my last meal on Wednesday night. I have also been trying to get the sticky treats eaten before the day comes.

So share what you had or the things that you have found to take their place since you got your braces put on.

suzanna

Re: Last meals before braces...

#2 Post by suzanna »

Don't worry about thinking of a last meal. You'll find you can basically eat everything you ate before you got braces once the pain in your teeth settles down after a week or so. I was chewing gum, eating popcorn, eating hard candies etc the whole time I had braces. My teeth were sore on/off at points during my treatment so obviously I would just avoid hard foods at that time. I remember eating something that was really sticky and it was a pain to get out of my brackets afterward but I can't remember what it was, not something I missed then obviously lol

My last meal before my double jaw surgery though was Olive Garden! Pork Milanese with a chicken and gnocchi soup! Soooo good! Can't wait to eat that again!
Upper and Lower Braces Applied: December 4th, 2009
Lefort 1 and BSSO Surgery: February 11th, 2011

poppy123

#3 Post by poppy123 »

If you're having ceramic braces then definately curry!!I miss curry sooooooo much!

jakesmom

#4 Post by jakesmom »

Snickers bars, frozen Milky ways, and Reisens candies.....only been braced 5 days and I miss them already!

england

#5 Post by england »

What didn't I eat! Ha ha! I really fatted it on up before I got braces because I assumed I'd be losing 10 lbs on the braces diet. Sadly no... Oh well, but I did eat an a ton of my favorite snack food: Wheat Thins Ranch Crackers. I would pop 2 or 3 in my mouth at a time before braces and really crunch it on up! Now, it's just one at a time, chewed very very slowly, it's really just taken all the pleasure away because I'm too scared I'll pop a bracket off and concentrating on that instead of the taste of the cracker.

Come to think of it, I do that with a lot of the foods I eat now. I'm only 3 weeks in though, so I'm sure it will get better.

drgnchsr36

#6 Post by drgnchsr36 »

poppy123 wrote:If you're having ceramic braces then definately curry!!I miss curry sooooooo much!
If you really stress about staining, eat all that stuff right before an adjustment ;) You get new ligs then. Some orthos change ligs out earlier than that - I have the option to go in weekly. I'm too lazy for that and not too worried.

LittleTurtle

#7 Post by LittleTurtle »

Well I won't have to worry too much about curry being an issue since I only have that once in a blue moon. But I will be having ceramic on the top and have read enough other posts to have figured out that staining was going to be an issue for the ligs, but I guess that is a small price to pay for straight teeth! It is funny how I have been thinking about different foods that stick to my teeth now and just how much they are going to be noticed once I get the braces on. Thank God for things like Waterpiks and sonic brushes to help scrape away the gunk from our appliances!

Think that I will go and have some licorice now!

GRILLZ

#8 Post by GRILLZ »

i know i had a bunch of spicy tortilla chips and trail mix the night before....after about 3 weeks i think i could eat much better....the first week was h e l l but then gradually i could eat most anything, though i didn't have nuts or popcorn. now after my first adjustment, it is h e l l x 10....this pain makes the pain of the first week seem like a pleasure....this is because i got brackets wires on my last four molars and there isn't alot of room in my mouth for this and my cheeks are ripped to #$%^& i went into my ortho to get some help and you know it's bad when they say it is at the drs office.

i hope in a few weeks i'll be able to sort of eat again. i've lost 15 lbs....not been fun

ashesgap

#9 Post by ashesgap »

Chilis Ribs. Love them, LOVE THEM! I'm too afraid to eat them now, not wanting to accidentally scrape a bracket on the bone. They're one of the very few things I won't even try.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

LittleTurtle

#10 Post by LittleTurtle »

Grillz, I am sorry that your mouth is all torn up and I hope that it gets better soon! :soremouth: Hopefully I won't have any issues like that, but knowing my luck I will. :-+

We are at T minus 5 1/2 days to I get braced! Just chowed down on the last Friday night pizza crust for a while.

GRILLZ

#11 Post by GRILLZ »

thanks little turtle. i hope you won't either. pizza crust....i do miss that too....i'd be happy to be able to eat a soft roll right now....it's been yogart, ice cream, shakes, and macaroni and cheese, apple sauce etc......if i could just heal these monster sores....i'd be ok. the tooth pain per se isn't that bad now......

braceface2b

#12 Post by braceface2b »

Mine was a big plate of nachos, but I've also had a few big plates of nachos with braces.

I had braces as a teen too, and ate pretty much whatever I wanted back then. After 3 1/2 years with them back then, I never had a single bracket come off. Ironically, I did have a molar band come off when I bit down on a Jolly Rancher. It yanked off when I opened my mouth because it had stuck to the band. That probably wouldn't have happened if I were 100% bracketed like I am now.

Rach44

#13 Post by Rach44 »

My ortho office called me and said all my stuff came in from the lab early so my appointment got moved up (it was the day after they called me) so I didn't get a chance to eat some of my favorite foods! I did, however, go to a movie and ate popcorn for the last time. I miss almonds the most so far!

tashay1985

#14 Post by tashay1985 »

i knew my mouth would be sore for quite a while, so my family went out to applebees and i had the most delicious steak and potatoes ever! and i also had a big sonic burger & some caramel apples

belenov

#15 Post by belenov »

hi, i asked the same question before i got braced. eat a bun burger in public. i went for a big unmanagable gourmet burger. glad i did as i cant do it now. good luck