Debanding in May-dental cleaning, should I wait?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tashay1985

Debanding in May-dental cleaning, should I wait?

#1 Post by tashay1985 »

I was told I should go to my Dentist for a Deep clean after my Braces are taken off this May, but I am Due for a cleaning in April. My insurance won't cover me for both cleanings. Do you think it's OK to just hold off the scheduled cleaning until after the braces are off? That would be about a Month past when I should get my cleaning is it a big deal to wait? The dentists office of course says I should keep both appointments Ca-ching! $ lol

I know, dumb question...I'm a Braces cleaning Freak so the thought of missing that appointment makes me feel kinda gross!

drrick

Re: Debanding in May-dental cleaning, should I wait?

#2 Post by drrick »

If it is just a month why not wait.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

TumbleDryLow

Re: Debanding in May-dental cleaning, should I wait?

#3 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I would wait until your braces are off, and speaking from experience, I'd wait about a month after the brackets are removed to get the cleaning. I got my teeth cleaned about five days after my brackets were removed and it was uncomfortable. My teeth were really loose and my gums were unhappy. It was a very creepy thing to feel all my teeth wiggling as she cleaned. (I still cringe thinking about that....) I honestly do not believe any harm will come from waiting the additional time.