Day three, braces at work...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Metal lisa

Day three, braces at work...

#1 Post by Metal lisa »

I have decided it is easier to go home at lunch so I can brush my teeth.

Huggypillow

Re: Day three, braces at work...

#2 Post by Huggypillow »

hey i just put a few things together in a bag and keep them in my car and keep some stuff at work, i honestly dont care what people think and im 29, if people ask me why i just say either you stare at my green salad all day or perly whites. then they get curious and say sorry they didnt notice. and then they are great about it, remember if they have never had braces they will never know whats its like.

Chicagogal

#3 Post by Chicagogal »

I used to be annoyed when people brushed their teeth at work so I wasn't super excited to be "that girl" in the office, but I've been amazed at how many people have said "oh gosh, you're so good, I keep telling myself I need to brush after lunch." and I can tell them that if they'd like motivation to brush they could get them selves some awesome adult braces (with a hint of sarcasm of course) and then it's no big deal!! not worth the round trip during lunch for sure, if that were even possible for me.
Update: 4-2013 Back in Brackets :(
lower braces: 3/2/10
hyrax palate expander: 3/29/10
upper braces: est. 6/2010 (8/6/10 actual)
bone plate surgery: 1/2011 actual
bone plate removal: 7/2011 actual
Debracing: 10-25-11 ACTUAL!!! advanced hawley retainer
Rebracing: 4-3-13...front teeth rotated #2s lifted.

Justiz

#4 Post by Justiz »

I also brush my teeth at work and actually 3 times after breakfast, after lunch and before I head home. It's funny because I never thought I'd be comfortable doing it but now it's almost second nature. My debrace day is Tuesday and I am going to continue my habit of brushing just because its good dental hygiene. I have a co-worker (male) who had adult braces and also always brushes his teeth a few time while at work. You can tell those of us that do because we proudly carry our toothpaste and toothbrush!

If I spent all this money to look good, I am going to protect my investment. I don't really care who sees. (Interestingly enough that people that gawk are usually the ones that need to be picking up the habit!) :lol:

De-Brace Day: May 31, 2011 :) WOO HOO!!!
Essix retainer; Bonded Retainer on 2 Front Teeth
Braces- upper- October 1, 2009; lower- December 1, 2009
18 months to the day!

GettingStraight

#5 Post by GettingStraight »

I was a little uncomfortable the first few times I brushed at work, but now its no big deal. There's a few other brushers around, so I'm not the only one.

However, there's one guy who uses so much toothpaste and brushes so vigorously that he ends up with his whole hand covered in foam, with some of it dripping down his arm. I've been tempted to say something to him about his brushing habits. :lol:

catgyrl

#6 Post by catgyrl »

I used to totally rag on two coworkers who were very diligent about brushing their teeth after lunch. Shoot... I was lucky to even get ONE brushing in per day. (Yeah... hence my poor dental hygiene and subsequent braces...) The first couple of times was a bit embarrassing, but now everyone is used to it. I kind of know everyone's lunch break schedule, so most of the time I can sneak in there for a couple of minutes without being disturbed. Of course, I don't know everyone's "potty break schedule", so I'll just step away from the sink and let them wash their hands before I continue. They don't pay me any mind. I've also gotten the "You're so good" comment. I'm so comfortable (too comfortable) sometimes that as they're talking to me, I'm putting in my elastics (which is NOT a pleasant sight). Have to remember to do that out of sight...

Snowglobe32

#7 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I have always brushed at work, even before braces. I wish more of my coworkers would brush! If I can tell they need to brush, why can't they?

JulieFL

#8 Post by JulieFL »

A lot of people brush at my work, so that hasn't been a big deal for me. However, today is the first day I've brought a waterpik with me. We'll see how that goes!

kreyFL

#9 Post by kreyFL »

I work from home so I do get the added comfort of not socializing, brushing at home, etc.

However, when I eat in public (Taco Bell OR fine dining, lol) I brush...I dont care. Some women give me stares and looks in the bathroom and all I can think is "damn thats so petty".

I like the new habit of brushing after I eat. It is definitely something I plan to continue even when my braces come off. It just feels cleaner and who can give anyone a crappy look for having good hygiene? If anything, YOU should be giving your coworkers funny looks for thinking its SOOO weird to brush your teeth after you eat.

I keep the little travel toothbrushes everywhere. However, I am just dying to know how JULIEFL fared with the waterpik at work...hahaha classic! :lol:

JulieFL

#10 Post by JulieFL »

Waterpik update: OK, so today was better. Yesterday, I used a sink that is automated, and it kept turning on while I was bent down over the sink using the waterpik haha - I had to clean the mirror afterward. Today, I used a restroom that had a manual sink. Much better! Two people came into the restroom while I was there with my stuff spread out - using the waterpik and then putting on elastics for my crossbite, but both just smiled and said hi. I don't really know what else they could say, but I wouldn't care. I kind of like having the extra break/quiet time to clean up.
Braced on May 26, 2011, at age 33

kreyFL

#11 Post by kreyFL »

:-* Ahhahaha, the mental image of the auto sink is really funny Julie! Almost choked on my coffee!

You know, I never really looked at it that way but I really enjoy that lil' precious ME time too, the breaks are nice (especially working @ home with hubby!!!) I get like 12 minutes of alone time in the bathroom each night while Im flossing and doing my thing...Im gonna miss that part!