Does this ever stop!?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bp88

Does this ever stop!?

#1 Post by bp88 »

So I know we all stare at our teeth in the mirror any chance we get, right!? Will the habit fade any as treatment goes on or am I just wishful thinking? I'm only 4 months in and it's already started to bug me. I work in retail and even find myself popping into one of the fitting rooms during my shift to have a peak. (yes, I know.. pathetic!) Please tell me I'm not the only one who does it to that extreme.. I'm not lame, right!? :oops:

MisAligned

Re: Does this ever stop!?

#2 Post by MisAligned »

I am guilty of the very same thing... drives my husband nuts!

rhomboid

#3 Post by rhomboid »

I still look in the mirror and I have been in braces for almost 17 months; the best part is that I am satisfied with my braces look, but I think others pretty much see us an oddity I know that I did before being braced my self.

lindesd

#4 Post by lindesd »

You are absolutely not pathetic. My mirror of choice is the rear-view mirror in my car. It allows for a closer view and I like the natural light from the sun. NOW, I am pathetic. Good post though!!

hazybubbles

#5 Post by hazybubbles »

I think it depends how aware you are of your braces after a while. I had braces before as a teenager and after a couple of months they were just a fact of life and I didn't really do anything differently to before I had them - so the constant looking at them stopped.

I now have them again and since Friday so they are still in the novelty stage at the moment and I'm looking all the time. Doesn't help that I'm off work this week so I have a load more time so spend examining every little imperfection in my teeth and wondering if they have moved at all yet!

VA5

#6 Post by VA5 »

I've had my braces on for over 2 years. I definitely looked at my teeth at least daily. Now, I'll be honest... I am not looking as often b/c I know the end is approaching. Maybe you'll stop looking so frequently towards the end too, lol.

braceface:)

#7 Post by braceface:) »

I have only had my braces on one day, but I'm sure I will be looking in the mirror every chance I get until these babies come off!!

gustani

#8 Post by gustani »

Went around for the whole day with a leaf poking out my mouth, there were no mirrors so its a good think to keep checking guys!

AnnR

#9 Post by AnnR »

every day. several times! I find myself going to the bathroom at work just to have a look - people must think I have a weak bladder problem, I am in and out of there all day!!!! :oops:

Takako

#10 Post by Takako »

I'm 2 years in and I honestly don't look very often anymore LOL. Then again, nothing has really drastically changed for about a year so yeah. Nothing TO look at!